1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

But he also said he won the 2020 election because he got 74 million votes. Even though Biden got 7 million more than he did (which has nothing to do with the electoral college).

2. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Yeah, but Harris isn’t angling for your vote. She has it. So it’s possible reaffirmation of hard left feelings is secondary to winning swing states.

3. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Zero chance this gets any traction.

Liut likes this.
  4. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Maybe, but it was, like, this quick.

5. WriteThinking

WriteThinking Well-Known Member

In the same position, though, Trump would have chosen the second option. That's the difference between the candidates, and the meaning, which people are trying to emphasize.

Biden was/is better, despite his age-related difficulties. And he proved it, by being, yes..graceful, and eloquent, heartfelt, and right.

6. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Although it's been said, many times, many ways ... the Republicans were a helluva party once. Today? I'm sorry, weird doesn't even begin to describe it.

Deskgrunt50 likes this.
  7. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Poor Donald. He just doesn't get any credit for his incredible achievements.

8. Shelbyville Manhattan

Shelbyville Manhattan Well-Known Member

Whose voters were roughly as vacuous as those who have membership in his country clubs.

9. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

De-testicled, too! ... Even their "women!"

[​IMG]

10. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

The examples I gave aren’t just positions of the “hard left.” They’re examples of countering what the “hard right” is advocating for. It’s not even taking a center position on those issues.

2muchcoffeeman and Deskgrunt50 like this.
  11. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

In political/history time, yeah. It was a quick turnaround. In real time it was weeks of a relentless feeding frenzy from the outside and the inside.

The smoothness of the change surprised me. I expected it to be a total shit show. And until the convention is over, that possibility exists, though I think it’s remote at this point.

Which certainly leads me to believe there was a lot in the works during those few weeks. My turn for speculation is that the decision was probably made soon after the debate. But in order to avoid mass hysteria, ducks were put in a row before the announcement.

I could be totally wrong on that. Regardless, the timing has kneecapped strong trump momentum.

I always have doubts about the political savvy of the Democratic Party. But this has worked out better than expected, the same as immediately falling in line for Biden in 2020.

Baron Scicluna and gingerbread like this.
  12. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

It is going to be amazing if “Trump’s weird” is what finally drives him from the political scene for good and then George W. Bush can rightfully claim “I told y’all that the very first day he was president.”

Draft saved Draft deleted