1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. melock

melock Well-Known Member

Poles!

I Should Coco likes this.
  2. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Dear God, won't Hawley and Cruz let the Secret Service director get a word in edgewise?

3. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

4. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Boo!!!!!

maumann and garrow like this.
  5. X-Hack

X-Hack Well-Known Member

He reminds me more of Dana Carvey playing Ross Perot on SNL

6. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Warnock beat Walker by almost 100,000 votes.

7. X-Hack

X-Hack Well-Known Member

Hard no on Peters. I haven't lived in Michigan in a long while and I have no doubt he's a good guy and an effective Senator. But I've heard him speak and boy howdy he makes Tim Kaine seem like 2004 DNC Obama by comparison. Completely replacement level Democrat who will put everyone to sleep. VP candidate this year especially needs to be an engaging, energetic elite level shit-talker who relishes the cameras and can carve those bastards up with a smile. Tim Walz is the guy and he's got a great bio too.

8. nietsroob17

nietsroob17 Well-Known Member

For the runoff, but the general election was just around 37,000, with the Libertarian keeping both under 50%.

It was a split ticket with the governor's race, where Warnock had more votes than Stacy Abrams, while Walker had fewer votes than Brian Kemp.

maumann likes this.
  9. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

At this point, I think its Walz's spot to lose. He's been great in his spots so far, and he's a popular two-term governor in a relatively "safe" D state. All the talk of Kelly, Cooper and others downplays that it creates a dogfight in competitive states down the road or bad appointments immediately if the party goes that way.

Twirling Time likes this.
  10. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Coming from Pennsylvania, I love Shapiro, but I think the stance on Israel and school vouchers is going to hurt the ticket overall. I have yet to see an interview with Wlaz where I didn't come away impressed with the dude. Add in that he was a state title-winning football coach and I think that's exactly what we need; someone who is gonna' get after our asses to get out to the polls and get this thing moving.

11. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Someone mentioned it upthread, but the Minneapolis riot stuff will become a giant line of attack and could genuinely spook suburban voters. Shitty to think that way but you have to.

12. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

Somebody on TV made the point that all the VP hopefuls bashing the GOP ticket and Project 2025 are good for Harris and it's in her interest to keep the veepstakes going right up to the virtual nomination vote Aug. 7.

It could be Walz after all, but no announcement is likely to be made until the middle of next week at the very latest.

maumann likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted