1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

WLAZ > WLAT!

So he's got that going for him, too, which is nice.

2muchcoffeeman and Cosmo like this.
  2. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Minneapolis riot is practically the Paleozoic era the way time moves. Israel is going on right now and has divided a lot of people. He's been taking a real dragging on social media over it as well as the protesters on college campuses.

3. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Christ, old habits die hard I guess.

2muchcoffeeman and dixiehack like this.
  4. Slacker

It's SJ Gold, man. Walk proud.

5. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

I got a text from something call Forward Blue stating that Harris is thinking of Mark Kelly for VP and asking who I think she should choose.

The listed choices are Newsom, Pritzker, Shapiro, Kelly, Cooper and Someone Else.

6. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Vance is the kind of weird where you cover your drink when he walks by at the bar.

7. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Creep tried a coup
    And people forget
    Then got convicted
    And people forget
    The court packs as his mind cracks
    People forget
    Forget they're hiding

Behind a Republican front
    Republican front
    It's a put on
    It's a Republican front
    It's a Republican front
    It's a put on
    It's a Republican front
    Republican front
    It's a put on
    It's a put on
    It's a put on

Come on join the party dressed to shill
    Won't you come on join the party dressed to shill
    Dressed to shill

swingline and I Should Coco like this.
  8. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

*jake tapper's brow furrows in thoughtful consideration*

9. X-Hack

X-Hack Well-Known Member

I think it had a lot to do with the candidate. The staff that is messaging so effectively and rapidly and engagingly right now is the same one that seemed to be messaging so ineffectively in such an outdated manner, playing by Marquis de Queesbury rules and getting its ass kicked on a daily basis just a couple weeks ago. My suspicion is that Biden himself is such a deeply ingrained creature of a mythical "Come let us reason together" Senate of the past -- where drinks at the Monocle with the likes of John Stennis and Strom Thurmond, or even Howard Baker and Bob Dole -- would create compromise around the edges (in a system where millions of Americans had zero voice or real representation) that he couldn't escape this kind cognitive mindlock and recognize today's GOP for what it is, and kept insisting on an ineffectual style from a long-gone era. Kamala sees them for what they are and she's letting the staff let loose.

For that matter, Obama -- for all his own electoral successes -- was so afraid of offending anyone that he couldn't turn it loose on a bad-faith opposition either, perhaps contributing to midterm losses and downballot failures. Hence the "They go low, we go high (and we get our asses kicked)" mantra.

10. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

11. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

It blows my mind that Democrats didn't come up with the "weird" line nine years ago. Keep it simple, stupid.

Because that's what Trump (and his posse) is — weird. He's always been weird. Who has a gold-plated shitter? I'm shitting on it. I'd rather buy the cheapest seat possible, because it's getting rained on regularly and replaced in three years.

I thought switching candidates this late would be a disaster. I was wrong. Harris is going for an early KO. Keep with the flurry of body shots and throw in a couple jabs, and we'll be in good shape.

SFIND, UNCGrad, TowelWaver and 3 others like this.
  12. Slacker

Kick him in the coochie a few times for me, Kammie.

maumann likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted