1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

LOL. My now-editor called me while I was on the range. No ID, no pickup. Got home a few hours later and had a proper offer email, which is harder to ignore.

2. SoloFlyer

SoloFlyer Well-Known Member

Shapiro can be a really effective marshall of support as governor, which makes this a win-win. The Harris campaign avoids potential sticky issues with a few of his policies, he rallies the troops in PA, and he lays the groundwork for a future where he takes the baton from Harris/Walz in 2032.

Driftwood likes this.
  3. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

Anyone with Southern ties has a bunch of weird cousins. They usually come from the same uncle.

4. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Writing a book about how shiftless you think your kinfolk and culture are, optioning it for a movie and then running for office claiming to believe the opposite of all the things you wrote about might not technically be weird. But weird sounds more gentle than asshole, so we went with that.

Claiming childless people should be second-class citizens is sure as shit weird though.

5. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

I just stopped by Fox News, sort of like slowing down near a car crash.

What oppressive assholes. I mean, they're fucking caricatures.

6. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

it is way too easy to call someone weird or label an entire group as such words should be used in their proper context and people have feelings we should treat weird like the c-word and use it only as a measure of last resort to really drive home a point think about the last time you heard the c-word or even worse had it used in reference to you to that's one to grow on ok cools

7. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

The most effective counterattack anyone has found in nine years against Donald Trump should immediately be abandoned. That’s just good sense.

8. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

It’s not the people; it’s what they do.

All driven by bullshit “News” organizations and social media garbage.

9. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

Jessie Watters ought to be a stage act at the Bloomsburg Fair.

10. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

He's weird.

11. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

Honestly, just putting out a normal white guy to compare the sideshow to is brilliant and obvious.

I’m also glad it’s not “the next old guy/woman who has paid their dues,” which has gotten the dems laying three in a bunker and 175 from the pin.

2muchcoffeeman, Driftwood and maumann like this.
  12. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted