1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

Yawn. He tried the same in 2020 in the courts and batted a smooth 1-for-61. This time he's hoping for local boards to withhold certifications, but the same outcome will result. If we're lucky, it might result in some down-ballot Pubes also missing certifications, like almost happened because of one rogue county in New Mexico in 2022.

2. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

3. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

The problem is county judges are elected in many places, which will raise his batting average significantly in rural locales.

4. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

The way I heard it described is that however easy they made it to sign up for something, it needs to be the same process for ending service. So not the situation I had this week where I had to call an 800 number and wait for a representative to cancel my old car insurance when it took just a few clicks to sign up for it years ago.

5. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

Same FBI who had a guy on the inside working with the campaign last time around.

6. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

I signed up for a subscription for a Gannett paper a couple years ago on a deal. Conveniently there is no way to cancel online, and IIRC subscriber services has pretty limited hours. It’s such a PITA and only $25 a year, I just eat it and haven’t followed up yet.

7. Shelbyville Manhattan

Shelbyville Manhattan Well-Known Member

8. Twirling Time

In Texas, a "county judge" is an executive position that is equivalent to a "county executive" or similar title. It's an archaic term. Think same is true in Arkansas and several other states. Counties in Texas do elect a large number of proper judge judges, though, including Justices of the Peace, which regularly hold traffic court in addition to their normal marriage and death pronunciation duties.

Just speaking of Texas, a blue county is more likely to have blue officials and vice versa, and all the big counties are firmly one side or the other. Where the rubber meets the road is when a big suburban county like Denton flips blue, which is very possible. The election could be close enough where that county holds the outcome for Texas.

9. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

10. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

I did that.

The way to cancel it is to take your credit or debit card out of your account information.

Neutral Corner and WriteThinking like this.
  11. Twirling Time

Crude oil prices have been divorced from ordinary supply and demand rules since before W was cutting brush in Crawford. All it takes is the whisper of a hurricane or a wayward jet over Iraq to send prices spiraling while Big Oil pockets the money grinning widely.

The Saudis tried to put the U.S. frackers out of business by cutting prices to rock bottom in 2014.

12. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Is that an MRI of his head?

2muchcoffeeman, HanSenSE and garrow like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted