1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Wut's that?

upload_2024-8-13_23-37-33.jpeg

2. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

True, but in even in a blue spot in a blazing red area, there are probably enough people willing to hold their nose and traipse into the city for a cult gathering.

Kudos to the city for telling them to pay upfront. SPC owes everyone else ... no point in adding yourself to the list, Asheville.

franticscribe and Driftwood like this.
  3. Sam Mills 51

Looking like?

Rupert, the POS was, is and always will be a loser.

Try to keep up.

garrow likes this.
  4. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

Politics aside, Asheville is such a charming city. Visited a few times recently and have thoroughly enjoyed it.

Years and years ago I was on a road trip and stopped at a Waffle N Steak in Asheville (or if not, something similar). When I ordered, the waitress asked me how I wanted my grits. As an inexperienced lad, I told her I didn’t want grits.

That got a laugh from her, and she informed me I was getting grits and she would take care of me.

They were out-fucking-standing.

5. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

But I was told just last week he was done for the rest of August.

Also of note: The Trump campaign booked the smaller of two venues at the same complex in downtown Asheville for Wednesday's rally. The Thomas Wolfe Auditorium has a capacity of just 2,431 people, while a larger arena next door that is not hosting Trump has a capacity of 7,200.

6. Sam Mills 51

Good to know that you enjoyed the grits. Plenty of people here find a way to make everyone feel at home.

(Between the fact that I don't have an accent and don't eat grits, not too many of natives believe I'm from here.)

7. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

I've never understood grits. What's the appeal?

[ducks] ... Uhhh, I'm gonna hang up and listen, y'all ...

8. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Think of them like bread slices. You can eat them plain, but most lose interest in that sometime in elementary school. It’s a base starch that serves as the foundation of what you want them to be.

I like mine cooked in butter before I add salt, pepper and Tabasco sauce. Sometimes I will add small bits of sausage or bacon to the mix. Sweet grits with sugar added seem alien to me and might draw a chuckle from most Southerners. But I’ve become more ecumenical in middle age, so if that’s the direction you are interested in, go for it.

And @Sam Mills 51 while I love grits and SEC football and saying ma’am and sir, I won’t touch sweet tea. We’ve all got something that doesn’t quite fit in with home sweet home.

OscarMadison, Inky_Wretch and Alma like this.
  9. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

Cheese grits are awesome.
    What you put in them really is more regional, I think. I and blood family from the mountains eat butter and sugar. Wife and extended family on the coast eat butter and s/p.
    There is only one kind of tea, and it's sweet. I order "tea." If the server even starts to mention unsweet, they get the "bless your heart" treatment.

10. Driftwood

11. Driftwood

Wilmington area, not Asheville.

12. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

The Zoom call is coming from inside the house, 70,000 strong.

https://thepublicsradio.org/stories...ves-to-vote-democrat-in-2024-to-topple-trump/

Draft saved Draft deleted