1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Justin_Rice

Justin_Rice Well-Known Member

A bunch of people who spent 40 years voting for tax cuts because those people were job creators and their wealth would trickle down on the rest of us as long as we dismantle the Unions are very concerned about what has become of the middle class.

2. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

Billionaires who want tax cuts from Trump pouring hundreds of millions of dollars into the race, not to mention their widespread ownership of almost every form of mass media known to man, surely has no effect on the closeness of the race. None whatsoever. Your money's happiness is all that moneys.

3. franticscribe

franticscribe Well-Known Member

The grits-jack reminded me of a story I'd like to share. Apologies in advance if it's a touch long.

So my church has served a community breakfast every weekday morning for the last 15 years or so. It really started with a group of seminarians who were meeting for prayer in the chapel and eating a simple breakfast together afterward. At some point early on they started inviting the homeless folks who were often around to come in and join them. It was typically a simple affair of eggs and grits and whatever random other food got donated that day or week.

Slowly it became bigger and more of a mission of the church than just the seminarians doing their thing, but the foundation they laid that it's breakfast with community, not serving others, remains very much a part of it.

For the first 10 years or so we had no budget, no formal oversight, it was just what the church did. And we kept the food simple. Eggs and grits were cheap and well received. Often the grocery store across the street would donate bread or fruit they couldn't sell but was still good, and we'd work those in.

For about five years, I made breakfast in our tiny galley kitchen two days a week for about 25 people. Eggs and grits.

One of our regulars was a guy named Mac, who was irascible and loveable and all sorts of other contradictions. Mac was a really good chef when you got the pleasure of his cooking, but most of the time he was in no shape to help with making breakfast. He didn't have any hesitation telling you what you did wrong in your cooking, though

The first year I was responsible for making breakfast, I don't think a morning went by that he didn't tell me what I did wrong with my grits. The second year, it dropped to about once every other week, maybe even once a month. Then one day in year three, he proudly told the assembled crowd that I had put my foot in it that morning, and it's by far my crowning culinary achievement.

May Old Mac rest in peace, despite my telling stories on him.

4. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

My favorite scenes over the years from the economically anxious:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Dog8Cats, Driftwood and matt_garth like this.
  5. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

JOHN KASICH

6. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Yeah. He's worried that he has to pay them.

7. nietsroob17

nietsroob17 Well-Known Member

8. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Hey now, they have cared about the middle class every four years during that span!

9. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

I mean, it's one banana, Michael. What could it cost? 10 dollars?

10. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

Dude this all started because you said what was, or wasn't there.

garrow likes this.
  11. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Huge point to note, you know if/when Trump and his cronies claim that the election was rigged/fraudulent; the key difference is those clowns won't be in possession of the Presidency. So let them wail while transfer of power goes without their participation.

12. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Every MAGA supporter I meet from now on will be told at the start that Trump is a liar and weirdo and why are they supporting a liar and a weirdo? Quick and to the point.

Draft saved Draft deleted