1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. nietsroob17

nietsroob17 Well-Known Member

Glorious.

Twirling Time and Webster like this.
  2. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

Still a news conference. Still rambling. Not a single question.

3. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

Yawn. Rambling senile old man who's unfit to be president. Failing physically and mentally.

2muchcoffeeman likes this.
  4. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

CNN bails out

5. ChrisLong

ChrisLong Well-Known Member

I do like Peggy Sue's in Yermo, a nifty-50s diner. And it's timed right for you to let L.A. traffic clear a little, hit the I-10 at around 9 a.m., navigate to the I-15 and get to Peggy Sue's around 11, before the lunch rush and getting past the Barstow fast food heaven.
    Eddie World is just beyond Yermo. Great if you need gas or candy .... or candy that gives you gas. Clean restrooms, though.
    A friend enjoys Bun Boy in Baker. I told him I always consider it a good Vegas trip when I DON'T stop in Baker. Glad they fixed the thermometer. I read a few years ago that the family of the guy who built it didn't even know it was broken. When they found out, they refurbished it with modern lighting.
    Mountain Pass (pop. 30) is a great landmark. It's the highest summit on the I-15 and it has a mine that contains minerals not found anywhere else on Earth. But what's so great about it is, it's all downhill the rest of the way to Vegas. Stateline is just 15 miles away, then Vegas another 45. You can feel the money trying to escape from your pocket.

Staying on the I-10 toward Arizona has its own joys (haha), like Chiriaco Summit. It has a Chevron station, with an attached Foster's Freeze, and a coffee shop. Plus the Gen. George S. Patton Museum and an airport. That's about it.

**my f-up fixed**

Last edited: Aug 15, 2024
    maumann and MileHigh like this.
  6. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

franticscribe and Neutral Corner like this.
  7. Della9250

8. Shelbyville Manhattan

Shelbyville Manhattan Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

9. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Isn't Chiriaco Summit on I-10 between Indio and Blythe?

10. Della9250

11. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

He's the best commercial the Dems have ever had.

12. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

I’m anxious. This is terrifying. Any day now, it will crash.

Driftwood likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted