1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

Many more people who watched that wanted to punch her than to praise her.

Let's also not lose sight of the fact that the people who watched that were watching CNN. Sadly, there were plenty of people watching Fox News at that time who would applaud her.

The mouth-breathers didn't go away. CNN just managed to get enough people there to talk over Nancy Mace.

The mispronounciation, it's not a giant deal if you do it honestly. If you sit there after being corrected and insist on mispronouncing her name, that's childish disrespect.

2. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

could i keep the prosperity the wife just got a fully loaded denali and i wish i could multiply the fishes like the true savior blessed be because lemme tell you deep sea fishing ain't cheap

3. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

This is bad news for bad candidate Harris, and I am anxious.

Along the U.S.-Mexico border, migrant apprehensions plunged by more than two-thirds in July from a year ago, to the lowest level of the Biden era, according to U.S. Customs and Border Protection statistics provided to USA TODAY.
    Migrant crossings have declined every month for the past five months. The results mark a rare victory on one of the Biden administration's toughest political battlefronts, as Vice President Kamala Harris prepares for next week’s Democratic National Convention. CBP is expected to publicly release the new border data Friday.

4. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

And now, McCain's daughter is the family pig. Funny how that works.

5. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I mean if migrants don't even want to risk illegally crossing the border to come to the US, obviously the country is going down the drain.

zufer, garrow, HanSenSE and 2 others like this.
  6. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

What legacy media want is the horserace.

Since 2015, in order to cover the horserace they've had to legitimize Trump, whom they all knew and know to be a pathological liar, con man, crook and fraud.

While it may never rise to the level of actively wanting Trump to win, they continue covering him and treating him as a normal politician on a normative scale of politicians' behavior.

He is not.

7. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

Legacy media like the Washington Post saw their traffic and revenue plummet after Trump left office.

They want the shitshow. They need the shitshow.

8. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

What the American Right misunderstands - intentionally or not - is the political imbalance of the American press. Mass media in the United States is in the tank for . . . the status quo.

Send up a flare when the Times launches its investigation into Jared Kushner's $2 billion Saudi Christmas Club.

franticscribe likes this.
  9. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

1 They are not covering him like he’s normal.

2 I've asked before "OK, what kind of coverage then" and received "I don't know."

10. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Bovada update:
    Harris -135
    trump +115

11. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

1) CNN aired at least part of his "press conference" live yesterday.

2) As suggested, maybe a couple of legitimate investigations into the immense criminality of his businesses and his administration.

12. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

maumann and TigerVols like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted