1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

The Clintons...forgotten but not gone.

2. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

3. DanOregon

Didn't realize Luntz was still a thing. Does he think he's fooling anyone with that hair?

4. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

5. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Are Billary really needed?

She gave birth to the cult.

And what is he bringing to the table?

Last edited: Aug 17, 2024
  6. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

A former president is always going to get a speaking spot if he wants it at a convention for a party that hasn’t become completely untethered from reality.

I agree that Hillary Clinton isn’t really helpful in this spot. If Harris wins, then I can see her going out of the way to acknowledge HRC’s contributions to making the moment possible. But let’s land the plane first.

7. Brooklyn Bridge

Brooklyn Bridge Well-Known Member

8. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Within the Democratic Party, Hillary Clinton remains a popular figure. Her appearance isn't aimed at white men.

9. DanOregon

I mean, shoot, Clinton is a cautionary tale. I hope there is at least one reference of "buy my e-mails!" in her speech. Talk about the damage done by Trump's presidency that will last for generations through the Court.

10. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

Wife: Our investment accounts are as high as they’ve ever been. Our net worth is as high as it’s ever been. The stock market is as high as it’s ever been. Corporate profits are as high as they’ve ever been. Biden is trying to help people. Harris wants to continue that. How can people see Trump standing in front of a box of Cheerios and not think he’s a moron?

Me, internal monologue: I thought I was supposed to have economic anxiety.

11. cyclingwriter2

cyclingwriter2 Well-Known Member

Hypothesis: the real reason Trump is struggling is lack of Putin. Either Trump has lost faith in Putin because Russia is losing the war badly in Ukraine or Putin is so tied up in losing, he doesn't have time to screw with the American election.

12. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

But his “roomie” from California loves running his fingers through it.

Draft saved Draft deleted