1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

Pelosi is a stone cold killer when it comes to managing the party. She did a great job with that as speaker and orchestrated the end of Biden’s campaign so efficiently that he didn’t even know he was completely boxed in until it was too late. Whether she is too old to perform her job is a matter of reality (she clearly is competent) and perception (her constituents reelected her and she was smart enough to step aside as the leader of the House delegation). Her case against Biden was that he couldn’t win and he was going to drag every down ballot candidate with him. Strictly business, like Michael Corleone.

2. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Don’t care. She saved us, again. This time for real.

3. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

4. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

OK, that's a pretty epic pull.

OscarMadison likes this.
  5. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Interesting. Last I checked, Chicago is in the state of Illinois. According to these folks, Illinois is a two-party consent state for recording conversations.

https://www.rcfp.org/reporters-recording-guide/illinois/

Please proceed, Mr. O’Keefe. I’m no lawyer, but I would think your tweet could be considered by law enforcement as enticing someone to commit a felony.

2muchcoffeeman likes this.
  6. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

7. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Better play the anthem, then.

8. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

They lean into everything.

Shot:

Chaser:

gingerbread and Webster like this.
  9. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Hoyer and Clymer were Pelosi's "protection" - nobody was going to go through them to get to Pelosi.

Mo Dowd seems upset that she won't have Biden to kick around anymore. It blows my mind how so many of the people who were throwing dirt on Biden's campaign are so stunned by Dems pressuring Biden to step down. I'm guessing Dowd had already pre-written a great eulogy for the DNC she won't get run.

10. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I would like to see Walz bring out two cans of Diet Dew at the VP debate and they could toast each other.

OscarMadison and HanSenSE like this.
  11. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Rambling bigotry.

12. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Obligatory response.

Dog8Cats, UPChip and Michael_ Gee like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted