1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Why?

2. Shelbyville Manhattan

Shelbyville Manhattan Well-Known Member

They've lost the popular vote in seven of the last eight elections.

Some people would take this as a sign of needing a course correction, but not these chuckleheads. Of course, that's what happens when you let right-wing religious zealots in; as Barry Goldwater said, "Politics and governing demand compromise. But these Christians believe they are acting in the name of God, so they can't and won't compromise. I know, I've tried to deal with them.”

garrow, Driftwood, dixiehack and 2 others like this.
  3. Shelbyville Manhattan

Shelbyville Manhattan Well-Known Member

Totally not a cult, etc.

4. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

As my dear departed Dad used to say: That and 75 cents will get you a cup of coffee.

maumann likes this.
  5. maumann

maumann Well-Known Member

Was about to post something along these lines. How can Republicans not see past their looney-tune core and wonder why they can't sway independents and moderates back to their "conservative cause." The GOP has sold its soul to cling to a bunch of flyover states and far-right hate groups while its constituency continues to age and the country becomes more diverse and progressive.

Because they stacked the Supreme Court, they can hold on for now. But catering to old white evangelicals is a dead end strategy.

At some point, a fracture has to happen. But as long as the mice chase the stinky, lying Pied Piper, nothing matters. I have no idea what happens when they jettison Trump, but chances are good it'll be even more weird.

History will be very unkind to the Hitler Lite era of our country, and especially to the Republicans who have perpetuated this dishonesty.

Last edited: Aug 22, 2024
  6. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

I don't like using this word but what a c*nt

upload_2024-8-22_8-39-30.png

7. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Walz looks like he has more energy than any 30 year old I know.

gingerbread likes this.
  8. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

They can splinter off and fuck off.
    The extreme right wing hijacked the GOP after the 1960 election and tried to sell the country a bill of goods behind Goldwater in which the Dems were going to allow the Red Army to march right into New York and Washington, or we were going to get nuked. It took LBJ's landslide for the grownups to take over (albeit Nixon, a crook, but a competent politician who turned out to be surprisingly liberal on some issues). What's Harris' margin need to be for the grownups to take over the GOP now? Biden's 306 electoral votes and a 7 million margin in popular vote didn't do it. Does she need 320 and a 9-million spread?

Driftwood likes this.
  9. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

I know what you mean. Who wouldn't be triggered by someone who looks like she lives on cigarettes and espresso?

10. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

The things that have kept Republicans from evolving is they are never more than a coin flip away from taking Congress and they have the deck stacked with crooks and party hacks at the Supreme Court. So they get their way often enough that they see no need to change. If the actuarial tables break against them for SCOTUS when the stars are aligned for the blue team, the trap door may really open.

garrow, TowelWaver and maumann like this.
  11. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

This is going to backfire on them. There are a LOT of families with special needs kids. A LOT. I have a cousin in my family and you probably have someone in yours as well.

12. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

THAT'S NOT EVEN A TROUT!!!

#AnglerAnger

garrow, Woody Long and maumann like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted