1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

I don’t so much LOL as do this wheezy whistling sound like Muttley on Laff-A-Lympics. So congrats on triggering that.

2. Machine Head

Machine Head Well-Known Member

I used to vote both parties, as one used to do in MN elections. No longer.

Last R I voted for was Norm F Coleman when he ran for governor in 1998. James Janos won that race. That’s his legal name, for the record.

edit: year of election

Last edited: Aug 23, 2024
  3. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

I voted red for state treasurer in 2022 as a one-off (and promptly regretted it months later). Before that I voted GOP in the 2012 primary but already knew I was going Obama in the fall. The last time I really went split ticket was 2006, and before that straight GOP.

EDIT: I voted in the 2016 Republican primary too, for all the good my Kasich vote did. Until the last couple of weeks of the general I swore I was doing a write-in.

Liut likes this.
  4. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

maumann likes this.
  5. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

My friend is a 65-year-old white guy who grew up in Orange County and was a cop for a time and they lost him. He's the prime demographic.

OscarMadison and gingerbread like this.
  6. Machine Head

Machine Head Well-Known Member

When I was a kid I loved those powdered raspberry filled Bismarcks.

I don’t see them around much anymore, bummer. When I do splurge to maintain my body mass I go Bavarian cream.

Why are they called Bismarks? Otto dude or whatever his name was have the chef whip them up?

7. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Kennedy can't be so naive to think CFTFG will give him a Cabinet post, is he? And how much is he really bringing to the Trump campaign besides voters who are wierder than the candidate? And if Trump does win, what post would you appoint Kennedy to?

8. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

I mentioned a while back I got a transfer student from Oregon. Immediate red flag. A couple of days in, she asked what I thought about the government trying to "take our guns." Confirmation.
    We watch a 10-minute news broadcast each day produced by CNN that is geared toward students. It even leads off many days saying "I'll tell you the what. You decide what to think."
    She pulled me aside today and said, "My dad thinks you should stop showing us CNN10 and us watch Fox News."
    "I can't do that. There is no Fox equivalent for students. CNN10's goal is to inform young people. Fox's goal is to scare old people. You can tell your dad I said that."

Last edited: Aug 22, 2024
  9. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

Never forget... Obama liked Dijon mustard. Disqualifying to be president and an American, apparently.

garrow and Machine Head like this.
  10. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

His camera crew does a bang-up job.

“This woman doesn’t want to be on camera. Just cut her out, please.”

[Said woman is in every single fucking ensuing frame.]

11. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

Are convicted felons allowed to socialize together?

Yet another shameful act by shameful people.

gingerbread likes this.
  12. Kato

Kato Well-Known Member

I was watching the DNC last night on a plane. The video they showed about J6 was powerful stuff. I started to get really emotional about it. First a little eye-watery. Then pretty angry, especially about how the horrors of that day have been swept under the rug by half the country. The Dems should buy adds showing that video and reminding people of that day and what's at stake.

Draft saved Draft deleted