1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

Do you have another state a different color? Cuz now I'm questioning myself

https://www.270towin.com/map-images/93LgL

2. Octave

Octave Well-Known Member

At least Ramaswamy could spin Trump's bullshit into something bite-sized for the base.

Vance can't even order a doughnut.

Slacker likes this.
  3. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

Another great one, probably my No. 2, but it needs the fun video, too.

The dork groom is a laff riot ...

Dave Edmunds covered a lot of songs Nick Lowe did,
    and the Edmunds versions were fun because he drove a faster beat.

4. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Why didn’t RFK Jr. just use dynamite?

5. Fred siegle

Fred siegle Well-Known Member

Maybe because it was a couple years later (high school from 74-78) and being in New Jersey, but the girls dominated the higher level math and English classes (they called them “honors’’ classes) i took the minimum science classes allowed, just the freshman year introductory to physical science, so i wouldn’t know if they even had honors classes for that. Anyway, the math classes were probably at least 65 percent girls, the English probably around 60 percent.
    Taking those classes gave you a boost in your class ranking, and i finished ranked 37 out of a class of 540. The students who finished higher than me were probably were probably around 25. Our valedictorian and salutatorian were both really smart girls.
    The best thing at my high school (besides gym) was a mechanical drawing class for freshman (i had a t-square!) that moved on to architecture as you advanced through the grades. I loved that class, and had one of my favorite teachers ever, Mr. Kiernan. A great man.

2muchcoffeeman and maumann like this.
  6. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

Just a timely reminder that polls and pollsters are themselves all grifters.

7. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

It may backfire, but maybe the Dems can hire Jim Schoenfeld to yell at Vance at his next campaign appearance.

cyclingwriter2 and matt_garth like this.
  8. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

Media:

Biden can't govern.

Tr-mp can't campaign.

9. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I am intrigued by the mention further up about proportional Electoral College vote distribution. Not a fan of using the Congressional Districts because using that in say Tennessee, Trump would take 10 of the (8 CDs and the two Senate seats) when he only won 61 (rounding up) pct of the vote. Seven of the 11 would be more reflective of voting preference. Imagine how bad gerrymandering would get if the Presidential race became part of it. In Oregon, using the CDs, Trump would have won two of the 8 EC votes using the CDs, Three of them using proportional.
    It will never happen though, I think the campaigns prefer only having to campaign in 7 or 8 states every four years. Imagine having to sweat out losing an EC vote in North Dakota or Rhode Island Or even worse, Alaska or Hawaii in early November.

10. matt_garth

matt_garth Well-Known Member

Now it all makes sense.

11. SoloFlyer

SoloFlyer Well-Known Member

The schools that do well utilize technology in a variety of ways but don't make it the end-all and be-all to education. Much like parenting, if you just shove a screen in front of a kid for the entire day, they're going to fall behind in multiple ways.

12. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I agree that mixing it up is important. Pen and paper is always going to be the best way to get a true writing sample.

Draft saved Draft deleted