1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

Correct on the second question. I really don’t know about the first. It’s not going to change my vote either way and I doubt it will change anyone’s vote.

Given whom she’s running against I fail to see how anyone can say she not qualified or that she’s incompetent.

2. Liut

Liut Well-Known Member

The ? Remains ...
    Should she take ?s from the press.

3. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Was it also recorded?

4. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

She will, in due time. I think she has a sitdown scheduled this week.

Smallpotatoes likes this.
  5. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

I really don’t care.

6. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

She is running for president. Some interviews and policy statements are inevitable.

7. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

The only people I have seen trying to make that a problem are the ones who would never vote for her anyway, so no.

8. WriteThinking

WriteThinking Well-Known Member

No, it wasn't.

I think it really was about skills. The job involves some regular usage of technology (Zoom, several computer programs, Power Point, etc.), but it really did seem silly, knowing we were all in the same building -- the same hallway -- and all knew each other, etc., and we were doing a Zoom interview as if there was some reason we couldn't have just gotten together.

9. WriteThinking

WriteThinking Well-Known Member

This is from 2020, in The Atlantic, and so, just kind of a reminder. But it is a great read on Trump's very real contempt for the military. It analyzes his issues that likely prompt it, but is so eye-opening -- in an unbelievable way -- that I just had to post it. I hope as many people as possible see/read it, particularly any defenders/proponents of Trump at this point.

He really does not have empathy of any sort. He cannot become President again.

Trump: Americans Who Died in War Are ‘Losers’ and ‘Suckers’

Last edited: Aug 26, 2024
  10. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

11. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Eh, she should be doing interviews. But the ones making this an issue are never going to to satisfied with her no matter what. She does one interview, they’ll whine that she’s not done two. She does 723 interviews, they’ll complain she’s not done 724 … and so on.

12. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

I think we sometimes lose sight of the fact that her presidential bid is 37 days old. It isn’t like she’s not kept busy in the interim. And the whole thing carries the faint aroma of a process story.

Now if we are still having this conversation a month from now, it is legitimate to wonder why.

Draft saved Draft deleted