1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

That sounds like a great way to spend an afternoon.

Driftwood and swingline like this.
  2. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Symbolically nice, but he doesn't give a fuck, he'll just refuse to abide by any orders and refuse to pay any monetary penalty.

Musicians need to counterattack. Cover the most blistering anti-Fatfuck songs you can come up with. Make videos trashing his ass.

OscarMadison likes this.
  3. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

I know we've talked a bit on this board about an epic TS diss track, but I'm starting to think of something on a "We Are The World" level.

Last edited: Aug 29, 2024
    UNCGrad and dixiehack like this.
  4. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

Say what you want about Roger Waters, but he shoved it
    way up Diaper Don's pooper way back in 2016. From Mexico, too!

I Should Coco likes this.
  5. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

Is there a new Indianapolis since WWII? Figured that one was retired.

6. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Rumor has it there is video of Trumpers shoving the ANC staffer and knocking her to the ground.

7. swingline

The only people more risk averse than politicians are NFL coaches.

Last edited: Aug 29, 2024
    YMCA B-Baller likes this.
  8. swingline

I’m sorry you feel wrong about Missouri.

2muchcoffeeman likes this.
  9. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

Maybe I just underestimated the demographic shift. It wasn't that long ago it was a 50-50 tossup or at worst a swing state.

10. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

11. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

This is great and I’d love to see it. Elections like these are won in the margins. Harris won’t win rural counties in swing states, but if you trim the loss from 75-25 to 60-40, that adds up.

Time is probably an issue though, since it’s such a sprint since the campaign started in late July.

But that kind of attention and outreach in unlikely areas can be the difference, especially when you already have some momentum.

The trump campaign did the opposite when it had the momentum with the debate/shooting/convention. Instead of reaching out to undecideds, trump doubled down on his base with acolyte Vance as the VP pick. And it continued its strategy of division rather than inclusion. Negatively instead of a positive message.

I think the positive tone and hopeful messaging of the Harris campaign is resonating with a portion of the electorate that’s tired of trump’s constant bashing and asshole behavior.

garrow and qtlaw like this.
  12. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

Interestingly enough, I'm listening to a podcast about The Big Dig, and one of the asides they get into is the fight between Reagan and Tip O'Neill. During his campaign, Reagan went to Massachusetts and predictably got booed, but I agree with you that it kind of helped his profile overall. You don't want to be some stupid rube, willingly doing like some super lopsided FOX event, but I do think there's value in candidates doing events outside their comfort zone. (The political version of college basketball teams that will actually schedule someone besides a 250+ NET cupcake.)

Draft saved Draft deleted