1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

Yeah, I really wanted Threads to be good. But it's not. I've tried to tinker with it, but sports stuff is pretty weak. And it's not good for breaking news.

What would be nice is if Elmo dumped twitter and somebody cleans it up. Maybe after the election he will. I think the only reason he bought it was to try to influence the election.

I'm not sure his motives were all about free speech.

2. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Here we go.

Yeah, stomp hard on this delusion of economic nirvana under Fatfuck. And loudly remind everybody he steered the economy into the ditch, at the cost of hundreds of thousands of deaths.

3. Starman

No, you are not going to name any fucking Republicans to your cabinet. Period, full stop.

Fascism has consequences.

4. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

When you've lost ABBA ...

5. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

Fat Orange can't get a Christmas tree soon enough.

6. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Makes sense to name one of the anit-Trump crowd to a post that's not so important. Kinzinger to Veterans Affairs would do the trick.

7. Starman

None. Period.

8. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Star, it'd be nice if politics worked in your frame of reference. But it doesn't, not here anyway.

HanSenSE likes this.
  9. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

10. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Maybe this is why JV was not happy with the firefighters?

11. Deskgrunt50

Interview was good. Harris was good. Walz ducked the DUI stuff with a very politician non-answer/change the subject. Might take a bit of a hit on his "plain spoken dude" cred. But it's not like trump has ever answered substantive question and nobody really votes on VP.

Basically, the interview checked a box. Next.

12. Deskgrunt50

Much like the convention speech, Harris edged toward the center on issues. Smart to welcome Haley voters and fence-sitters sick of trump.

Inclusion vs. trump’s division.

Draft saved Draft deleted