1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

Apologize if it is DB, but this quote yesterday is the omega of all of Trump’s fictional “sir” stories:

“You know, I do the weave. You know the weave? I weave stories together. Friends of mine that are, like, English professors, they say it's the most brilliant thing I've ever seen.”

2. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Because Trump has dozens of English professors as friends.

OscarMadison, Webster and garrow like this.
  3. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

4. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

If that shit would ever get close to implemented, there would be a real Civil War 2.0 to make sure it didn’t.

TowelWaver and Neutral Corner like this.
  5. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Project 2025 would put the FBI (and the DOJ, and the military) directly on the side of the right wing extremists.

Last edited: Aug 31, 2024
  6. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

Democrats own guns, too.

7. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

When the Project 2025 stuff came out, I thought it would be too complicated and in the weeds for it to gain traction. The Dems have done a good job mainstreaming it and making it a key part of the campaign.

Project 2025 will absolutely be implemented if trump wins. And Vance is an even bigger puppet for it. Another reason he was selected, because trump is too old and feeble and is likely to die in office. So the Heritage Foundation has a rubber stamp with Vance. And we have to suffer as he works out his clear mommy issues on the national stage.

The biggest thing I'm surprised about is they were arrogant and dumb enough to make the fascist plan public. Could be a fatal error.

8. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

So would America

9. justgladtobehere

justgladtobehere Well-Known Member

That's a pretty broad brush.

10. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

I'm not crazy about guns, but I did inherit a .410 shotgun, a two-shot model that I must crack open after those two shots (if I ever were to actually fire a load) and then clumsily reload on the fly for ... only two more shots. WTF is that Daniel Boone shit?

Anyway, fairly sure even a .410 is handy enough to fuck up any intruders if I point it at them and fire correctly, right? But I guess it's time to upgrade, in the name of home safety, and goddamm how it sucks to say that. But I do love the warning sound of a pump shotgun slide.

Anyway Part II, let's say I want a good pump shotgun with not much recoil, a totally reliable 9mm-type handgun with a magazine of 15+ rounds, and WTF let's get me one of them AR-15s that Fox News says we PATRIOTS!!! need above all else.

I'm being light on this bullshit here, but I also guess I should acquire these home-defense weapons and then get proficient at using them. And I still can't believe I just said that. But I guess I'ma gonna GUN UP! now like them God-loving church people militia soldiers said I should, because them fuckin' border invaders is taking all them jobs none of US will do, and who cares if their babies and kids and families were getting slaughtered back there in their stupid horrible low-class shithole brown countries, amirite?

[ahem] lol, back to the future, thanks: your gun recommendations, please:

Pump shotgun, handgun, assault rifle. If nothing else, I'll work off steam at the gun range once a week.

Last edited: Aug 31, 2024
  11. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

Probably more libertarian than conservative.

A week ago, after Ronda Rousey, 11 years too late, apologized for sharing a Sandy Hook hoax video, some dipshits asked what was wrong with asking questions, that Alex Jones had to cough up a billion dollars just for words, just for hurting someone’s feelings.
    I pointed out one of the parents killed himself, the guy replied that you can’t blame Jones for that. If it was “just words” that drove the man to
    Kill himself, he was weak and had a lot of other problems.

If that’s no callous, I don’t know what is.
    I don’t know if these people are stupid or evil or both.

SFIND and TowelWaver like this.
  12. Jesus_Muscatel

Jesus_Muscatel Well-Known Member

Kinda sounds like Fred Gwynne/Judge Chamberlain handling Vinny Gallo/Joe Pesci in "My Cousin Vinny" ...

Draft saved Draft deleted