1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Debate prep

2. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

that’s why it’s odd he was going Saturday to Saturday with nothing in person. There are places to go and make inroads

he announced like half an hour ago he’s doing a town hall in pa with hannity as the house. Maybe he

3. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

I heard a pretty strong Harris ad yesterday during morning drive time on a classic rock station out of Jacksonville, NC. The whole spot was Trump clips talking about getting revenge on people, praise for dictators, and Project 2025. It was pretty good. Let's hope it sinks in.

TowelWaver and franticscribe like this.
  4. melock

melock Well-Known Member

"Only in a civil court so it really doesn't count," Nancy Mace.

garrow and Webster like this.
  5. franticscribe

franticscribe Well-Known Member

Most of the Harris ads I've been noticing in Triangle-area media are positive, forward thinking messages in the vein of Obama's "hope" messaging in 2008. I was thinking about it because all the Trump advertising is fear mongering, and there seems to be a lot less Trump advertising. Or at least in the places I tune, there's very little Trump advertising so far.

Maybe her team is smartly sending different messages to different markets even within the same state.

garrow, Driftwood and maumann like this.
  6. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

When it first came on, based on the location and it being Trump speaking, I thought it was going to be a Trump ad. As I listened, I thought, "These fools aren't making a good case for people to vote for Trump." Then it pivoted to being a Harris ad, and I was like "Ahhhhhh. Good one."

garrow and franticscribe like this.
  7. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Lack stamina!

HanSenSE likes this.
  8. Octave

Octave Well-Known Member

Pence is a pathetically weak individual. His fly had more charisma.

9. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

10. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

That would get in the way of his golf.

I remain amazed that he hasn't singlehandedly killed golf by now.

11. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

Why waste energy campaigning to win when you're just gonna pull off another coup in January?

12. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Hasn’t pulled off the first one yet.

Draft saved Draft deleted