1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

When does the swallowing begin?

[​IMG]

2. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

The only place I can recall that I haven't been back to since I went in and say his Let's Go Brandon sign behind the counter is a local gun shop. Yeah, yeah, I know. What did I expect?
    I can find what I need at Bass Pro and Academy.

3. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

And his sister's head remains very far up her ass.

To think that she used to be on my hall pass list...

TowelWaver and HanSenSE like this.
  4. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

She'll come out sniveling the next time Fatfuck says something nasty about her sainted war hero daddy. But she won't be upset enough to call for him to be thrown in prison.

5. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

I pass a house going and forth to work every day the a Trump sign in the yard, but I don't really begrudge the guy this one.
    It's just your standard Trump/Vance 2024 campaign sign.

6. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

18,000 years ago?

Those damn Neanderthals. Selfish bastards didn't even think what kind of environment they'd leave for their great (x643) grandchildren.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 3, 2024
  7. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

I don't see a lot of trump stuff where I'm at in New York, which certainly isn't surprising. Sometimes when I go to Long Island, which also is not surprising. But I do take a lot of Lyfts. And I'll occasionally get a driver who plays hard-right radio or wants to talk politics, and it's the usual Fox News false talking points of the day.

I really don't engage. Best I can do is no stars and no tip. They can certainly talk about and believe what they want. But they also have to know that there's a good chance they'll annoy most of their riders. Here, at least. And that seems bad for business.

Dyno, BitterYoungMatador2 and Webster like this.
  8. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

No, I'm not taking polls as gospel. Not even close.

But damn, the "270 to Win" map ... :)

upload_2024-9-3_16-28-45.png

9. FileNotFound

FileNotFound Well-Known Member

I have a neighbor with a Trump/Pence sign in his yard that dates from 2020. On Jan. 7, 2021, he very meticulously put a piece of blue tape over “Pence.” He also has an “An Appeal To Heaven” flag on his mailbox. He seems cordial enough but I certainly can’t see a situation in which I’d go out of my way to engage him in conversation.

10. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

11. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

“Mr Adams, do you have a defense to present for Capt. Prescott and his men for their dastardly massacre of Mr. Attucks, Mr. Gray, Mr. Caldwell, Mr. Maverick and Mr. Carr?”

“Yes, your Honor. Here ye, here ye, those late men fucked around, and found out. Case rested.”

12. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

I just don't think it's sound business practice to alienate people either way, especially in an unprecedented time of partisanship and hostility toward the other side. I don't care if you're a Trumper or are far left wing. Don't make that a central tenet of your business unless you ONLY want to cater to one side.

Draft saved Draft deleted