1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

The Rage Against the Machine one is my favorite.

Inky_Wretch and garrow like this.
  2. Justin_Rice

Justin_Rice Well-Known Member

"I can't believe the lady who was singing 'Shade never made any body less gay' is not a conservative!"

Inky_Wretch and garrow like this.
  3. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

Homelander is our hero!

Wait, what?

4. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Funny how I never had to rage quit Morgan Wallen because I never got on the train to begin with.

5. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Well, that's more about having good taste in music than politics.

2muchcoffeeman and Driftwood like this.
  6. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Amazingly, I didn't rage quit Roseanne Barr in 1991.

7. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Maybe the better example is Chick-Fil-A. I still eat there regularly. Hell, all my gay friends who live in the South eat there regularly.

Neutral Corner likes this.
  8. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

It always seemed obvious the leading right-wing social media trolls were reading off the same script. Them being paid as Russian misinformation agents is the least surprising thing ever. I don’t know if they knew or didn’t know where the money really came from. I do know most of them are either too stupid or too lazy to come up with the shitposting talking points on their own.

Some of them had to have at least a clue what was going on.

And trump is using the same script. It’s the Russian agenda. Also pretty obvious.

In less stupid times, this would be another election-ender for the trumplicans. But it likely won’t make a dent.

9. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

That's been obvious for two decades. Every reference to blaming Clinton (instead of Bush43) for 9/11 came with the same ". . . and Saudi Arabia offered Clinton bin Laden's head on a silver platter!" line. That same silver platter. Every time.

10. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

If I worried about the politics of restaurant owners before I ate out I’d never eat anywhere outside of the local food trucks again.

(Actually, that might be a good thing)

Neutral Corner likes this.
  11. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

No argument there. It was harder to easily spread then before social media. Now an army of fellow trolls and bots picks it up immediately and it’s a million places everywhere all at once.

And Elon, with his reach, is enhancing it. The guy’s intentions behind the shitty deal he made to buy Twitter is crystal clear. And it wasn’t about free speech! Shocking!

The perhaps silver lining of news silos could be that this stuff isn’t as influential as it was 9 years ago. People are more aware much of social media is bullshit. And social media isn’t real life for most of America. Until the really potent stuff gets picked up by Fox News.

That last graph might just be me wishcasting tho.

12. Octave

Octave Well-Known Member

good luck convincing your aunt she's been regurgitating Russian talking points for 10 years.

Draft saved Draft deleted