1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

I don’t know about that. But I think things were tight enough that they wanted to get a boost, or have time to change if things went poorly.

It obviously proved to be a brilliant move. And I’m still not used to the Democratic Party being a well-run organization.

BitterYoungMatador2 likes this.
  2. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

3. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Oil production in the US is at an all-time high. But yes, it would be four times higher if he were president. Sure it would.

4. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Yeah I'm not sure I'm on board with it either, especially with all of the nudging (and really, straight bullying) of Biden in the aftermath. Maybe they had a Plan B in place but I'm not convinced he was ready or interested in using it. And I think Democratic party had no plan whatsoever and this was strictly a Biden-Harris strategy that the party fell in line with.

Deskgrunt50 likes this.
  5. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Reading today that the Harris campaign's objection to muted mics wasn't about what an uncontrolled Trump would say, it was about her not being able to cut in and respond to things that he was saying on his time.

6. maumann

maumann Well-Known Member

Crude is trading around $70-$72 a barrel today. It hasn't been this low in over a year. OPEC+ is hoping to push U.S. fracking out of business before they raise their own output.

I noticed $2.93 at the grocery store last night. Gasoline is trading at $1.92 wholesale, which is almost 35 cents lower than last week. It had been as high as $2.75 in April but has been in free fall since the beginning of August.

Oil Price Charts | Oilprice.com

Driftwood likes this.
  7. Justin_Rice

Justin_Rice Well-Known Member

Listening to a bunch of Republicans applaud tariffs is hilarious.

8. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Gas is the one cheap thing right now. I have to stack a couple of discount cards together but I can get it for a tick over $2.50 as of yesterday evening.

2muchcoffeeman and maumann like this.
  9. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

Thanks Biden and Harris! I assume since they get blamed for high gas prices, they get credit when they drop. Right? Right?!!!?

10. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Gas still floating in the $3.15 to $3.30 range here and hasn't moved all the much in the past month, six weeks. Of course, that's 85 octane.

11. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

$3.39 in Pennsyltucky right now and I think I saw $3.19 at a Shell station on the way to work.

12. Justin_Rice

Justin_Rice Well-Known Member

Donald Trump: "We need a sovereign wealth fund. Why don't we have a sovereign wealth fund?"
    Conservatives: "**Applause**"

I continue to be completely baffled how people hear this and think, "that sounds like a President to me!," especially people who have so strongly professed "conservative" values.

Draft saved Draft deleted