1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

2. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

The whites go out and we can't be saved
    Tides that I tried to swim against
    He brought the whole system to its knees
    Oh, I beg, I beg and plead
    Singin' come out of things unsaid
    Dead poodle upon his head
    And a trouble that can't be named
    A fascist just can't be shamed

Collusion that never stops
    Closing walls and rising stocks
    Gonna come back and take you home
    I could not stop that you now know
    Singin' come out among the sleaze
    Cursed missed opportunities
    He says he is part of the cure
    But he is the symptom of the disease

3. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

The "business" really finance shows assume the migrants will be replaced by slave labor, either convicts or migrants from Trump's concentration camps. And they're cool with that. Face it, millions of our fellow citizens are just plain evil.

4. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

5. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Here's what he didn't do in the past 24 hours:

Not lie
    Read a book
    See Melania in person
    Understand that GDP can never be a negative number
    Praise John Kenneth Galbraith
    Correctly quote an historical figure
    Pledge money to support his local PBS affiliate
    Say something positive about a minority or a woman

6. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

It wouldn't be that bloody. Gas chambers, then straight to the ovens.

7. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

But remember: The Left is so arrogant.
    x.com

8. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

It's so unfortunate that the debate won't have live mics at all times, and getting them turned off is the smartest thing Big Orange's campaign has done.

9. WriteThinking

WriteThinking Well-Known Member

This might belong more on the movie thread, but I thought it interesting and wanted people on this thread to see it.

A movie called "The Apprentice" has been made about Trump that, after a struggle and some disdain, is going to come out sometime in October, just before the election.

They made a movie about Trump. Then no one would release it

Trump and his campaign are supposedly against it and threatened legal action, but I don't know. I feel like it's going to serve almost like an ad/publicity for the former President and his election efforts at a very timely point in the year.

10. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

If Team Fatfuck thought it was going to be positive for them, they would have moved heaven and earth to get it released on free network teevee and the major streaming services long enough before the election to build up some viewership buzz.

2muchcoffeeman likes this.
  11. matt_garth

matt_garth Well-Known Member

12. WriteThinking

WriteThinking Well-Known Member

Maybe, but my feeling is, Team Fatfuck is stupid, so I wouldn't go by what it thinks before the movie has even come out.

And, Fatfuck, more than anything, is just famous for being famous rather than because he is a former President, and that celebrity is the only thing that has carried him through three election cycles. Which I can't believe but that only proves that there are apparently loads of people out there who think they know, and will support Trump, no matter what. That's precisely because he's a celebrity rather than because he's any kind of a good candidate.

It makes me hate the fact that anything is coming out that might give him more publicity or notoriety or put him out there in any way, shape or form more than he already is. He needs to go away, be ignored, replaced as the Republican candidate, etc. Or, he needs to be directly called out for everything he says and does. And, as that tweet slightly up-thread rightly contended, no one has done a good job of that.

As the movie director said, Trump might actually like the movie, and just doesn't even realize it. I could definitely see that happening -- self-aggrandizing, self-promoting narcissistic person that he is. And I fear Trump's supporters, and any potential supporters, too, might it as well. They're just that weird, and his candidacy is so ridiculous as to be mind-bending.

So, who knows what would happen with a movie coming out about him two or three weeks before the election? I consider it a dangerous thing, and not at all likely to be helpful in trying to keep him out of office.

Last edited: Sep 8, 2024
    maumann likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted