1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. WriteThinking

WriteThinking Well-Known Member

This USA Today article asks the question we've been wondering about:

MSN

2. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

Unfortunately, a lot of morons of voting age have said the same thing about Trump. "I like him because he's funny."

3. franticscribe

franticscribe Well-Known Member

Old, white and rural Dems who have mostly voted Republican the last 10 to 20 years, but who refuse to change their party affiliation because they and/or their family have always been Democrats. It's bizarre, but they are still somewhat common.

Driftwood likes this.
  4. Brooklyn Bridge

Brooklyn Bridge Well-Known Member

Smallpotatoes and franticscribe like this.
  5. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

all these same-day trans surgeries and oil changes at school on my tax dollar while kamala harris hasn't brought back 20,000 steel working jobs the choice is clear

garrow likes this.
  6. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Are the kids still shitting in litter boxes in school before they have their dicks cut off in Fatfuck's America??

7. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

This 2nd grade Mondale voter concurs.

garrow likes this.
  8. maumann

maumann Well-Known Member

I had to vote for Wallace in fifth grade because the teacher picked me to portray whack-a-doodle VP Curtis LeMay. It was left up to me to explain to the class why nuclear weapons were a viable option in Viet Nam.

In ninth grade, only one out of 34 of us in Civics voted for McGovern. It was the hippy dippy chick. Turns out in retrospect, she was smarter than all of us.

9. Brooklyn Bridge

Brooklyn Bridge Well-Known Member

10. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

I’m going over natural rights with my kids. I asked if voting and government participation is something everyone has.

A student said “people who are new here shouldn’t be able to vote.” I thought it was interesting. Not a citizen. You can’t participate if you don’t have skin in the game. So I pressed further. She said because they may not know the candidates and would vote for the wrong person. I’m not saying she was wrong, but she also summed up uninformed voters without realizing.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2024
    garrow and FileNotFound like this.
  11. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

12. FileNotFound

FileNotFound Well-Known Member

I voted for Perot for president in 1992 as a grown-ass 24-year-old, so … (shrug emoji) … adults don’t always get it right either, I guess.

Draft saved Draft deleted