1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

“No, no, he didn’t say the n-bomb. He said Niger, like the country in Africa. You just weren’t listening. You should get your ears checked. And even if he did say it the way you think you heard it, the deep state media deliberately did something to the microphone to make it sound that way. And even if he did actually say it, you just don’t understand, and besides, Kamala once laughed at one of Joe Biden’s jokes.”

2muchcoffeeman likes this.
  2. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

I hope you told her that and explained it to your class. Great teaching and discussion point, probably could spend at least one entire class period going around on that one.

"Would you say your parents are informed voters?
    How about your grandparents? And where do they all get their news?"

Spartan Squad likes this.
  3. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

No voters who matter will be watching this, so it really doesn't matter. No needles will be moved.

4. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

“Deadliest Catch” will be my mom’s preferred debate tonight.

5. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

I’m confident that Harris is going to run counter treys and wide zone sweeps all night and protect the lead. It won’t be a 50-10 blowout but it will keep the momentum towards victory going.

6. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I'd like to see her answer a question for Trump and help him out - what he was "trying to say is..... but that is detached from reality - really, he can't even tell consistent lies!!!"

7. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Usually the late, late deciding voters break against the incumbent. But this year, both could be viewed as the incumbent in some sense. So God only knows.

8. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

obi-wan kenboni is out only hope

Woody Long likes this.
  9. kickoff-time

kickoff-time Well-Known Member

Trump on voter fraud:

Trump announcing to table at restaurant: I'll just pay in cash.

Server: Here is your receipt if you can sign a copy sir.

Trump: I paid in cash. Why do I need to sign?

Server: Sir, here is your credit card and the receipt with today's date and time. You just handed it to me.

Trump to his table: I paid in cash, didn't I?

Table guests: Oh, yes. It was cash. We definitely remember that.

Trump: See this is what they do. They twist things around. I should never dine in democratic restaurants.

10. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

For fuck’s sake. If we’re already at the point trumplicans are all-in on the racist lie that immigrants are eating pets, I really don’t want to know what’s next in a week or a month. The vast majority of Americans have to be tired of this fake reality bullshit.

Somebody put me in a coma and wake me up at Thanksgiving.

wicked and SFIND like this.
  11. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Debates themselves don't matter much to election outcomes. How they are portrayed in the media (now including social) and absorbed as information by the people who didn't watch can matter a great deal. The immediate reaction of people who watched the first Bush-Gore debate was strongly pro-Gore. A few days of "he sighed" coverage depicting Gore as a stuck-up know-it-all and lo and behold, polls showed most people thought Bush "won" the debate.

cyclingwriter2, Driftwood and UNCGrad like this.
  12. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Someone has to post it:
    download (1).jpg

Draft saved Draft deleted