1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

2. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

I think the US would benefit from a relegation system to encourage states to improve their quality of life indexes. Keep the 50 states, but if you are at the bottom come census time, you become a territory, lose your senators and only get one delegate to Congress (who will get a real vote - I'm not cruel).

Too bad there's not some place they could get relegated to. Canada and Mexico want nothing to do with Alabama, Mississippi or Arkansas, who I expect would consistently be the Fulham and Burnley of the US.

Driftwood likes this.
  3. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

BoWash corridor and the Pacific Coast states break away to form a Super League.

HanSenSE and Driftwood like this.
  4. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Need 3/4 of the States to amend the constitution but a simple majority of the senate and house and the president’s signature to create a state. Clinton and a Obama never had majorities in the house and senate?

5. Neutral Corner

6. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

TRANSACTIONS

UNITED STATES — Placed Mississippi on waivers for the purpose of giving them its unconditional release. Sent down Alabama and Arkansas to Class AAA Mexico. Sent Tennessee and Kentucky to the Alternate Site. Recalled Washington D.C and placed it on the 50-State roster.

7. Neutral Corner

8. heyabbott

9. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

Bring the DC statehood vote to the Senate floor, and let the GOP do an actual talking filibuster as long as they want.
    "Oh, by the way guys, everything else be done by executive order as long as you keep this up."

Inky_Wretch, Tarheel316 and heyabbott like this.
  10. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

With DINO Joe and Sinema, I don't even know if you could get a DC statehood vote to the tiebreaking threshold.
    In DJ's case, he personally and his state would both lose clout the minute it joins the union.

11. heyabbott

So the next time the Nazi Christians get control of all 3 branches what stops them from dividing Alabama into South Alabama and More South Alabama?

Tarheel316 likes this.
  12. Jake from State Farm

Jake from State Farm Well-Known Member

Any way you could put DeathSantis on the DL?

Draft saved Draft deleted