1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Last spring I saw a couple of fan magazines on one checkstand and a tabloid hinting at trouble between TS and Kelce. Of course I put them next to each other. I left the newsroom, but newsroom humor never left me.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2024
  2. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

Y'know, Woody, maybe sometimes teh koolz need to settle the fuck down.

I know the echo chamber is a warm, comfortable place, but if people can't look at things critically, the value of the discourse is severely limited.

But heaven help anyone who tries to lend some balance here.

franticscribe and OscarMadison like this.
  3. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

But remember, it's not a cult.

4. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

I think you get a really bad rap around here, but this is pure armchair psychoanalysis. There is nothing to back this up on anything other than an individual "Twitter is not real life" level.

Fred siegle and OscarMadison like this.
  5. Pilot

Pilot Well-Known Member

I don't know how this would ever be communicated in an ad, and it'd be difficult in a debate, too, but the counter to Trump distancing himself from Project 2025, from an abortion ban or whatever else is that HE isn't necessarily the problem with those kind of issues. I don't think Trump cares even one tiny bit about the likes of abortion, LGBTQ rights or IVF. I think, issue-wise, he only really cares about the economy and, to a lesser extent, foreign relations.

But the people who've propped him up care VERY much about the domestic issues, and eight years ago he turned a blind eye to them when they helped sweep him into office. He didn't pick those Supreme Court justices, and he didn't care how they'd rule about anything. Heritage Foundation picked them. Trump's attitude has always been "Get me elected. Let me do what I want and I'll let you do whatever you want."

Project 2025 was a direct result of his management style. He was going to (or will) give people in his administration a free hand and those people sat down and decided they'd be ready when the opportunity came. It doesn't matter what Trump personally believes or even what he'd do if he were managing the projects. It matters what the clowns he appoints will do, and whether or not he's willing to exercise any authority over them.

6. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

And another consequence of the complete irresponsibility of trump, and now his couch-fucking clone.

Springfield was a dying town that was saved by the influx of immigrants. Growing pains and issues? Sure. Perfect? No. But they’ve been largely welcomed, viewed as hard working and law abiding.

Yet, they’re demonized by racist, would-be tyrants. And now they have this stress added because trump is a mentally ill fucking asshole.

Same with the man whose 11-year-old son was tragically killed in an accident. He had to come out publicly to tell trump to back the fuck off. He never should’ve been put in that position.

This shit has to stop. But it’s only going to get worse the next two months as desperate trump becomes even more vile.

7. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

To be fair, Alma had the concept of a plan when he started writing the post.

8. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

This excuse for people making poor arguments is tiresome. Alma, for example, should be able to lend some real balance to discussions. Sometimes he does. More often, he trolls. That is on him, not us.

I'm still waiting for some explanation of the value of his weird obsession with the silly idea that Trump likes Harris. I even asked directly, but got no response. He didn't just bring it up once. He brought it up multiple times during the debate, too.

9. poindexter

Yeah, the demonizing of immigrants is one of the worst of many things Trump does.

garrow and qtlaw like this.
  10. poindexter

It's a carryover of this "there are two sides!" bullshit that we have heard our whole lives.

No, there aren't "two sides" in this one.

11. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Well, there are but one side is evil. Amazingly, the people who have spent the most time basing their life around a book that is devoted to the study of good and evil flinch now that the time has come to call it by name.

12. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

And when it came up, I disagreed with that take, too. But while some (hi, Poin!) would love to keep everything on a black/white basis, even this has a whisper of nuance to it.

Believe it or not.

OscarMadison likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted