1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

The clip also makes it clear he is talking about Walz as the vice president, which he is not, and not the nominee.

The person he is running against is the vice president.

Fred siegle likes this.
  2. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Hold on, hold on, hold on. You what???

Spartan Squad likes this.
  3. justgladtobehere

justgladtobehere Well-Known Member

My parents were on a business trip in China around 1985. They were at a group dinner and my mother asked what was being served. The guy said "dog." My mom insisted it was a mistranslation.

4. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

The campaign has been going on long enough, and Trump has been running long enough and yet I still have seen no stories about potential cabinets for either candidate. I figure Harris will hold over some Biden people, bring others in - but Trump? With his track record of hires? His recent decision to take advice from Loomer?

I wouldn't mind Harris picking Josh Shapiro for AG - just to hear all the righties who bashed her for not picking him for the VP slot, suddenly bashing Shapiro.

5. justgladtobehere

Harris said she will appoint a Republican. Pretty easy to bury people low on the Cabinet Totem Pole.

6. justgladtobehere

When is the last time a Cabinet Secretary has been elected to President?

Seems like spinning your wheels for 4 or 8 years.

7. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Damn immigrants are taking all the black jobs.

8. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

No senators. No swing state governors. No active congress critters unless you know it is a safe seat and the interim will be appointed without mischief.

2muchcoffeeman likes this.
  9. justgladtobehere

Boot Edge Edge really screwed his career up by taking a job nobody notices and gets you the occasional Sunday morning talk show.

10. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

I believe Buttigieg is going to run for elected office in Michigan when the opportunity comes up. What office and when, I have no idea.

Edit to add: Whitmer is term-limited and out in 2026. Run for governor seems like a solid bet.

franticscribe likes this.
  11. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

and no homework on friday

12. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

He's fine. He's actually been out there more most and he's 42.

I know there's the Michigan office talk but he needs to be Harris' Secretary of State

Draft saved Draft deleted