1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

When Reagan took office I told people, "he'll probably do all right as long as he doesn't kill us all in a nuclear war."

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Able_Archer_83

He almost did.

2. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

After trump eliminated the SALT deduction to hurt blue states, now he says he's going to bring it back. Of course, this is a day before a rally on Long Island. And he doesn't mention he's the one who killed it.

He's really throwing shit against the wall now, not just ketchup.

I don't think we can even imagine how even more unhinged he's about to get.

matt_garth likes this.
  3. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

Maybe someone can give him a refresher on things that have been the law of the land

Twirling Time likes this.
  4. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Roe v. Wade ... IVF ... another shutdown warming up on the bullpen ... the GQP really knows how to woo voters!

2muchcoffeeman likes this.
  5. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

6. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

And the original heads

7. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

DMN must have had serious legal in its ear because I don't see much wrong with either hed.

wicked likes this.
  8. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

When Trump first started, I had hopes that, at worst, he could be another Reagan. Someone who I sure as shit disagree with, but someone who would have a sunny and optimistic persona.

Instead, we have … this guy.

9. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

I despised race-baiting Ronnie who set the precedent of rank amateur celebrities in high office....but I doubt he was working for the Russians.

10. OscarMadison

OscarMadison Well-Known Member

There's probably a line of Disney Park proportions.

My theory is that really terrible people over here share names with delightful members of Monty Python.

In the US we have Sarah Palin who is wretched. The UK has Michael Palin.

In the US, Terry Jones is a Florida man who burns copies of the Koran and threatens people who aren't his flavor of Christian. Welsh-English Terry Jones was a sharp commentator on world events, that fun history teacher we all wish we had, and a great storyteller. (No. This video isn't real. It's just so very Dr. Jones.)

Last edited: Sep 17, 2024 at 7:53 PM
  11. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Reagan, who inspired the "Young Republicans" in the early 80's (I saw way too many of them on my college campus) gave off a strong persona but gave us horrible policies:

deficit spending (let's cut taxes AND increase spending (defense)) which if you run any business is terrible (see David Stockdale's plan on the back of a napkin);
    deregulation on a massive scale (think EPA, etc.); and
    anti-union animus (see air traffic controllers).​

I do give him credit for:

standing up to the USSR; and
    pulling out of 18% interest rates (that was a real thing) and massive inflation.​

12. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

Holy fuck this Trump town hall whatever it is

Inky_Wretch and matt_garth like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted