1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

Palin was pushed on McCain, who didn’t want her. She was stupid — and still is — but Vance is more dangerous.

2. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

I don’t think he is getting much - if any - money off that crap. I think the vast majority of it is unlicensed knockoffs.

OscarMadison likes this.
  3. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

From everything I've seen, things get VERY dicey if they don't land Pennsyltucky, uh, Pennsylvania. The CNN map indicates it turns 238-225 in Trump's favor if PA turns red.

4. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Because it seems like Vance is talking to CNN every other day. Has Walz done a sitdown with anyone yet?

5. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

He did the joint one with Harris, and he made the cable rounds the night of the debate. I haven't seen others with a major outlet.

Though, especially for VP, just doing small, local media interviews might be a good strategy. Nobody votes for VP, but then can be a ticket drag (See Palin, Vance).

6. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

I'll believe Vance is a "drag" when I see it.

Right now "Trump/Vance" is doing better across the board than "Trump/Pence" was on Sept. 18, 2020.

7. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

If Trump flips Georgia, Arizona and Nevada, Harris needs Wisconsin, Michigan and Pennsylvania to win 270-268. If Harris loses Pennsylvania, she needs North Carolina or Georgia plus either Arizona, Nevada. If she loses Pennsylvania, she's two short if she only wins Nevada and Arizona. She does win in that scenario if she gets North Carolina and Georgia.

gingerbread, Liut and maumann like this.
  8. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Yes.

garrow likes this.
  9. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

With the caveat that popular doesn’t decide the election, yadda yadda…

In 2916, Donald Trump got 46.1 percent of the vote. In 2020 he got 46.8 percent (while Biden came in roughly three points above where Hillary Clinton did.)

As of this afternoon, 538 shows him with 45.2 percent. So he’ll grow some from that but generally he’s got the same base as before. Harris’ job is to turn soft voters and persuadable voters into actual ballots.

We vote, we win.

10. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

11. ChrisLong

ChrisLong Well-Known Member

Exactly my feelings. I saw a McCain interview maybe 3 years before and thought that was somebody I could definitely vote for if he decided to run. I was happy he did. And I was with him up until the Palin decision. I felt that was his undoing.

franticscribe and Liut like this.
  12. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted