1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I know Jimmy Carter is already IN Georgia and has been an election monitor at various hot spots throughout the world, but could we maybe get him some back-up? Dude is in hospice - he can't do everything.

2. franticscribe

franticscribe Well-Known Member

So Mark Robinson appears ready to join the illustrious list of extreme nut cases nominated by the GOP, who subsequently cost Republicans a winnable seat. In the last 15 years we've had Christine "I am not a Witch!" O'Donnell, Richard "Babies conceived in rape are God's intention!" Mourdock, Roy "Underage Girls are my Jam!" Moore, Hershel "CTE" Walker, Mehmet "Crudite" Oz and Kari Lake and probably others I'm forgetting.

Are there any comparable examples of a Dem imploding like this? I guess here in North Carolina we had Cal Cunningham for senate but that was a pretty tame extramarital affair in comparison.

I guess I hope the GOP keeps making the same mistake, but I am tired of the extremists.

qtlaw, UNCGrad and Driftwood like this.
  3. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

Howard Dean screamed once

4. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

Todd “Legitimate Rape” Akin.

5. FileNotFound

FileNotFound Well-Known Member

Speaking of NC, John Edwards.

Woody Long likes this.
  6. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Big Thursday night for Doug J. Balloon.

Twirling Time likes this.
  7. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Yeah, but does Nuzzi Honestly Love him? Is she Hopelessly Devoted to him? If not, he better shape up, because she needs a man.

8. Brooklyn Bridge

Brooklyn Bridge Well-Known Member

I realize that it seems at though ethics in journalism is part of a bygone era, but if Nuzzi stopped and thought about it for two seconds….Rule #1 Don’t hook up with your sources/stories/people you cover on a regular basis. Here endeth the lesson.

9. FileNotFound

FileNotFound Well-Known Member

Worst journalism movie cliché ever.

franticscribe likes this.
  10. DanOregon

Olivia Munn deserves a mention

And don't forget the implosion of Gary Hart. Anthony Weiner (which may have cost Clinton the election in '16). Say one thing for the Dems, since Lewinsky they don't unconditionally support shenanigans. They showed Al Franken the door after some gag photos on a USO tour. He never even touched the woman.

Driftwood likes this.
  11. DanOregon

12. franticscribe

franticscribe Well-Known Member

Edwards didn't cost Dems anything though because that happened when he was out of office and the rumors started trickling out during the presidential primary that he only got like 2 percent of the vote in.

I guess my point is, it sure seems like Dems are a lot better at tapping the brakes on someone like Edwards than Republicans are. I mean they pressured Al Franken to resign when the GOP would apparently go all in on for a candidate in a similar position.

None of this stuff with Robinson is really new. Some of the details are, sure, but he's been known for a long time to be a hatemonger with multiple bankruptcies, unpaid tax bills, and an unhealthy interest in other people's sex lives. The pervy stuff was also known to plenty of people in and around Greensboro and in political circles. It's why Sen. Thom Tillis endorsed a different candidate and cautioned Trump against getting too close to Robinson. But the GOP was all in, until yesterday.

Draft saved Draft deleted