1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

Half of this country are fascists assholes, and they'll always vote for the closest thing to a fascist and have since Goldwater.

2. justgladtobehere

justgladtobehere Well-Known Member

I hate this analysis of voting patterns. 1) the absolute belief that an educated person has to be liberal; 2) that getting a college degree is some direct proxy for intelligence, disregarding other circumstances

3. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

I do too, and I’m sick of Trump voters making it look real. The GOP was given a chance to renounce Trump after Jan. 6 and doubled down. Like the Confederacy, nothing short of its decimation will now work.

4. Oggiedoggie

Oggiedoggie Well-Known Member

There once was a knowledge- and education-based conservative branch of American politics. Trump is anathema to that. His arguments are not free trade, limited federal government intervention, fiscal restraint, etc. The few traditional conservatives left in the GOP remain out of habit, hope they can manipulate Trump to do their bidding or are weathering the Trump storm in hopes to salvage the pieces of what might be left.

Intellectual curiosity and expanded knowledge most likely will turn folks against Trump most of the time because what he says is mostly contradictory, fear-based hooey.

I don’t think higher education automatically compels voters to support Democrats, but the other option has been stolen, so traditional conservative either have to sit it out and look for possibilities down-ballot or vote out of their spite for the trend of the more liberal thought winning the intellectual high ground.

Draft saved Draft deleted