1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

There are a lot of Vets who take a dim view of what is referred to as "Stolen Valor", claiming decorations and accomplishments that are unearned. That might stick to Cotton pretty hard among a group he would otherwise expect to do well with.

Driftwood, 2muchcoffeeman and wicked like this.
  2. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

What's the point of posting a tweet from a locked account?

2muchcoffeeman and Liut like this.
  3. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

I had no idea it wasn't public. Simple as that. I see it, and I thought you could as well.

Liut likes this.
  4. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

If there's a picture of a padlock next to the name, it means only you can see it.

5. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Liut likes this.
  6. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

I'll be surprised if any Republicans except Romney vote to convict, no matter what evidence is introduced at the trial. They've all made their choice. So have the Dems. Three days with power and they're already gonna let their filibuster supporters lose it for them in 2022. Proof positive that the filibuster isn't just to give the minority more power, it's also to shield the majority from responsibility.

TigerVols, Neutral Corner and wicked like this.
  7. UPChip

UPChip Well-Known Member

I thought now that the Trump is out of office, the world was going to stop laughing at us.

OscarMadison likes this.
  8. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

1ie3yg.jpg

lakefront likes this.
  9. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Trudeau had a rough week with Keystone getting shut down. He’s gotta find laughs somewhere.

Liut likes this.
  10. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

They got thisclose to a government shutdown a month or six weeks before. Republicans were also worshipping at the altar of W, saying he was the reason we caught OBL.

11. Mngwa

Mngwa Well-Known Member

Bullshit. He's claiming to be something that he's not and ran on it. If you read the story he passed a 2-month course that anyone in the military is allowed to take. He was ranger qualified he never served with the rangers. That is an act of stolen valor to claim to have served with the rangers when you haven't.

12. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted