1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

1, He drank hard last night.

2, Why the fuck does Tapper continue to trot him out? Tapper is a bigger asshole than Graham ever dreams of being.

[​IMG]

2. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

The news networks should be dragged by their heels by a seething mob.

Figuratively, of course.

3. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

I still remember this one local TV station in the city next to my college town would have the most ridiculous “Coming Up!” teasers.

“Coming up on Podunk TV News: A mass shooter kills 14 at a supermarket. A fire in the poorest neighborhood killed all nine members of one family. A massive flood in Bumfuckville has destroyed nearly all 31 homes. And find out what happens when this Bumblefuck Township cat gave birth to a litter of 26 kittens …”

I Should Coco and HanSenSE like this.
  4. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

5. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

6. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

I assume the Senate is a lost cause? Is there any viable path for Democrats that doesn’t include Ted Cruz losing?

7. SixToe

SixToe Well-Known Member

It would be interesting to see the reaction of the citizenry if a governor, or county-city officials, declined federal emergency money after something like Helene.

"Nah, we're good. We don't need that federal help. Our people are tough and will bounce back," says Official Fuckleberry, as his constituents are without power, food, water, roads are washed away and so on.

8. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

9. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

It doesn’t look great and was always a tough map. West Virginia gone for sure and Tester looks like he’s gonna get blown out in Montana.

So yeah, it would take a massive Harris turnout win to take unexpected seats like Cruz and Rick Scott. Very slim chance.

There’s a wild card in Nebraska tho. The independent is giving the incumbent republican a strong race. The independent is Dan Osborn.

From a New York mag piece:

“a Navy veteran who looks and sounds as if he were designed in a lab to reverse Democrats’ fortunes with non–college educated white voters.” He’s a big union guy and is pro-choice but is conservative on guns and immigration.”

So if Osborn wins, could help the Dems a bit, perhaps.

10. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

The MAGGATS threw shit fits, and still do sometimes, because Chris Christie shook hands with Obama when accepting Hurricane Sandy aid.

11. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

Which is unbelievable if you look at the piece of human garbage running against him.

Tim Sheehy is a recent Montana transplant and millionaire business owner who comes from a wealthy background. His major selling point with MAGA voters, service as a Navy SEAL, has been tarnished by conflicting accounts of how he was wounded. Mother Jones just published a thorough account of how that story keeps changing and Sheehy keeps contradicting himself.

At any other point in Montana’s history, this rich boy and his contradictory tales of military service would be drubbed at the polls. But this is 2024, unfortunately, and as long as the ever-increasing influx of California MAGA transplants can own the libs from their new Montana home, it doesn’t matter how shitty the candidate is.

See also: Trump, Donald.

Last edited: Sep 29, 2024 at 1:06 PM
  12. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Anyone remember this guy?

franticscribe likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted