1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

2. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

3. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

I'm reminded of my Lake Havasu City days, when we'd get emails claiming "There's no question President Bush won that debate" hours before it occured. The stupid was strong even then.

4. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

The bombs, they are coming.

5. OscarMadison

OscarMadison Well-Known Member

@wicked, observing that there is a cultural movement does not mean I agree with their ideology. I live in a very red county in a very red state next to what used to be considered a blue dot (Nashville/Davidson County.) It's getting purplish, which is to be expected. At home, there are people who don't put signs on their lawns, bumper stickers on their cars, or wear campaign t-shirts or pins because they, well, we, want to avoid confrontations with MAGAts.

I quit putting stickers on my car after encountering some scary, aggressive behavior because my Kissing Fish sticker was mistaken for a Darwin Fish. My summation? People can be stupid and mean when they don't understand something or think they might disagree with it.

In 2016, Dan Rather cautioned that we need to be vigilant about letting the MAGA mindset get normalized. In theory, he was right. The truth is that it already started long before Trump took that escalator ride down.

Driftwood likes this.
  6. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

You guys realize Kimble is a parody account, no?

7. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

Davidson turning purple is sad. I'd rather see Montgomery and Williamson turning purple/blue.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2024 at 2:26 PM
    OscarMadison likes this.
  8. Driftwood

I think today I saw the election/our country in a nutshell:
    Half-million dollar home with a simple Harris/Waltz sign in the yard. Two miles away, a single-wide in a trailer park with a big Trump flag on a commercial grade pole in yard.

OscarMadison likes this.
  9. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

10. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

@OscarMadison would know better, but what are signs it is becoming less blue? Trump pulled in about a third of the vote the last two elections, where Romney and McCain finished in the high 30s. They have GOP reps, but that’s because Nashville was gerrymandered into a three-way split so that it would be outvoted by the Fuddvilles in every direction.

OscarMadison likes this.
  11. Driftwood

I have not idea and didn't know it was. That's what I was saying, that I would hope some of the blue would stretch out into the surrounding counties, not the other way around.

OscarMadison likes this.
  12. Driftwood

This strike has GOP written all over it.
    You literally have a portion of the country washed away and it's remaining residents dying and/or with nothing, but other people are striking because they want a 77% pay raise.

Draft saved Draft deleted