1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. ChrisLong

ChrisLong Well-Known Member

Proves they have the tweets and press releases prepared in advance, just like the faux "assassination" attempt at the golf course. Before the handcuffs even went on, there were Trump tweets begging for money.

2. SoloFlyer

SoloFlyer Well-Known Member

There is no Rep. Jack Kimble. It's a parody account.

3. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

I suppose next, you’ll tell me a one-armed man can shoot free throws with only his left hand.

4. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

Are you sure? I think his brother is a detective, and was instrumental in stopping a kidnapping at an elementary school a couple years ago.

2muchcoffeeman likes this.
  5. ChrisLong

ChrisLong Well-Known Member

Of course it is. Doesn't change the fact that the Repubs to this.

6. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

They turned down a proposal for a 50% raise. They're not going to get a lot of sympathy after that.

Driftwood likes this.
  7. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

8. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Williamson is big money but mostly new money and becoming a tractor beam for rich celebrity and celebrity-adjacent MAGA types from other states. And Montgomery County is Fort Campbell and most huge military towns are going to be more conservative.

If anywhere eventually turns purple it would be Rutherford County (Murfreesboro). College town and starting to attract immigrant spillover from Nashville.

9. bumpy mcgee

bumpy mcgee Well-Known Member

I think Councilman Les Wynan ought to do more thinking and less whinin'.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2024 at 5:11 PM
    garrow and sgreenwell like this.
  10. OscarMadison

OscarMadison Well-Known Member

In my county, the half-million to three to five million dollar homes have Trumps signs. Just north of here in Allen County, Kentucky, you'll see tiny, run down homes with spiffy new Trump signage. One home paid for custom Trump bunting and banners to go all the way around their half-acre front yard fencing. SMH...

You answered your own question. You'll see it in the culture before you see it in the returns and it's gotten darker, less welcoming to all comers in a more general sense. At the same time, there is an uptick in activisim for things like food justice, literacy outreach, and better adterschool programs, jobs services for the underserved, and resources for new Americans.

It's not all doom and gloom here, but things have definitely changed.

Driftwood and Neutral Corner like this.
  11. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Here’s hoping

https://www.reuters.com/world/us/us...strike-after-deal-deadline-passes-2024-10-01/

It notes that the union has gone from asking for 70 percent raise to 61.5 percent (versus 50 percent for the shippers). But I’m guessing the guarantees they want against automation will be the bigger sticking point.

Also, I know Biden said he wouldn’t impose a cooling-off period but that was also before a giant hurricane tore up the Southeast. I hope he gives it no more than a week and if they aren’t there then hit the brakes.

12. Kato

Kato Well-Known Member

Just looking at the photos on Trump's wall behind them -- one of him extending a hand to Kim Jong Un. Shameless. Clueless.

garrow and OscarMadison like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted