1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. OscarMadison

OscarMadison Well-Known Member

Apolofies for the double post.

Haven't been to the 'boro in a while. Springfield, up in Robertson County is starting the resemble LA (Lower Antioch) with lots of signage in Spanish and family businesses on the main drag, This is not a criticism, I love trying new food and looking at stores that carry things I've never seen before. Talking to the locals is gravy.

Neutral Corner likes this.
  2. justgladtobehere

justgladtobehere Well-Known Member

They vote against a budget bill, not specifically against FEMA funding.

3. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

I meant to lead off with Rutherford/Murfreesboro but got distracted.
    Williamson is apparently being run by Mom's For Liberty.

4. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

In a couple of years, Rutherford County is expected to be bigger than Hamilton County, home to Chattanooga. By 2050 it should overtake Knox County for the third largest in the state.

5. Driftwood

I have a tough time siding with labor in any argument over new and improved ways of doing things. Yeah, it sucks with people are put out of work because of automation and technology, but to demand that progress and the future be stifled for the sake of the few is tilting at windmills.

6. kickoff-time

kickoff-time Well-Known Member

I've gone from thinking Trump was a shoo-in in mid July to thinking Harris would win in mid-August back to Trump winning now. Just a gut feeling.

I know you can't take much stock in polls but it seems very wishful thinking that Harris wins North Carolina, Georgia and either Arizona or Nevada. She's behind in all of those and Pennsylvania is very close. I think if Trump wins Pa. he wins the election. I'm not as convinced that if Harris wins Pa. she wins the election.

7. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Then start passing budget bills so everything does not wind up in a giant omnibus bill. When you vote against those you vote against everything in them.

They certainly did not vote to pass FEMA funding.

8. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

You're gonna go nuts before Halloween at this pace. Take a week off. You'll feel better, and at the end, you'll find nothing has changed. Still a close race.

9. Driftwood

I told my wife the other day that if Trump wins, I don't want to hear about him every day. She said I'd have to because that's all that would be on the news. I told her true, but she didn't have to bring it up every five minutes at home.

10. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

Glad we got that cleared up

11. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

12. SoloFlyer

SoloFlyer Well-Known Member

There really is a different standard for the two tickets.

Draft saved Draft deleted