1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

For all of their macho posturing, Vance is a beta who has to swallow the lie that Trump won in 2020, thereby murdering his credibility

OscarMadison and TowelWaver like this.
  2. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

If this debate had gone on for another hour, Vance would have claimed he was raised without indoor plumbing.

3. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

If it had gone on for another hour I might have fallen asleep.

playthrough likes this.
  4. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

With a straight face: we need a president who has done this once before and did it well.

Then why wasn't he re-elected four years ago??

Last edited: Oct 1, 2024 at 11:07 PM
    garrow, TowelWaver and HanSenSE like this.
  5. SoloFlyer

SoloFlyer Well-Known Member

Yeah, well, when Trump and Vance are already sowing doubt about the validity of the upcoming election, reminding people over and over again about Trump's actions in 2020 through January 2021 - and his repeated statements since - is worth overdoing.

TowelWaver likes this.
  6. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

So why even bring up the only riot in our nation’s history to overthrow the legislative branch in their efforts to certify a lawful election? Which was instigated by the man running for president? I mean how silly are these moderators!

garrow and TowelWaver like this.
  7. nietsroob17

nietsroob17 Well-Known Member

I was trying to flip three ways at points between the debate, the NL wild card and WWE TV tonight and didn't catch everything with the debate. I've been seeing the spread of Walz saying he was "friends with school shooters."

Honest question -- was there a context to that statement, or is it just being blown out of proportion by the right?

8. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

That doesn’t mean we should ignore it or ever forget it.

9. SoloFlyer

It is maddening and terrifying that the bar for Harris and Walz is to clearly, succinctly delineate details about complex policies in a debate, while the bar for Trump and Vance is to not piss themselves.

Vance is going to get credit for "winning" the debate despite the whopping amount of misinformation and lies he told, all because he was calmer than people thought he would be.

Gutter, garrow, TowelWaver and 3 others like this.
  10. SoloFlyer

Take one guess.

11. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

The debate wasn’t nasty at all. That’s pleasing.

Vance won. Arrived as a disliked candidate, will leave less disliked. That alone is a victory.

The worst answer of the night was Walz on his China trips. “I misspoke” was sufficient. I think the man is so decent that he had to make up some palaver to explain that he lied. (Which, obviously, he did.)

12. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

We haven’t had a presidential election since trump unleashed a mob on the Capitol to stop the certification and try to overthrow the government based on a giant fucking lie and his wounded ego. And he’s on the ballot again.

That’s enough “specificity” for me to make it a national issue every damn day of this election cycle.

Gutter, TowelWaver and SFIND like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted