1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Palin was good in the beginning, but then someone asked her a question.

2. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

What is that on his head?

3. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

His flat-top haircut.

4. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

Exactly. When the courts tell you you’re wrong 60 times, you’re wrong. Blaming it on a corrupt judiciary is like saying the 2017 Browns would have won the Super Bowl if the refs weren’t paid off in all of their games.

playthrough likes this.
  5. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

That is simply not true. Gol dang.

2008 General Election: McCain vs. Obama | RealClearPolling

On Sept. 1, 2008 - the beginning of the GOP convention - Obama led national polling by 4.5 points.

On Sept. 8, 2008, McCain led by 2.9 points. And it sure as hell wasn't because of anything he said, either.

While Obama opened back up a lead - that grew after the Couric interview - Biden finished the momentum.

SFIND likes this.
  6. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Attributing a convention bounce in the polls to a VP nominee is certainly a take.

sgreenwell likes this.
  7. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

SFIND likes this.
  8. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Wasn't a fan of the questions, too long and often too leading. Vance was better and Walz should have hammered him on his NO on cloture for the immigration bill. "Senator, you HAD a chance to improve the border and you voted NO! at the behest of your running mate. Explain that. Explain why half of Trump's cabinet has been prosecuted and the other half are endorsing us?

Smallpotatoes and sgreenwell like this.
  9. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

Goddammit! Finally, someone said the truth out loud about the 2017 Browns!!!! PREACH!!!!

10. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

That, I don’t know about. I’m just referring to Douthat.

If anything, an accurate headline should reflect that it’s the first half of the debate that he’s opining about. The headline itself is misleading.

11. maumann

maumann Well-Known Member

Historians from now until we get swallowed up by the sun are going to debate how the greatest democracy the world has produced to date spent three Presidential elections on the issue of whether a delusional self-absorbed egomaniac failed businessman should be elected leader of the free world.

This election -- again -- is nothing but a referendum on Donald Trump. I thought we answered this in 2020 but the Republicans are bound and determined to keep him from going away.

And the only reason he has a chance in hell is because seven states have large Democratic metros surrounded by rural Republican voters in nearly equal measures.

God save us all.

garrow, Smallpotatoes, SFIND and 2 others like this.
  12. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

I’ve probably said this before, but I just remember Palin starting out wearing her hair in an updo and thinking that she’s going to let her hair down as soon as she drops in the polls, and the press was going to be so hyperfocused on that instead of the actual issues.

And I was somewhat right. It took a few weeks, but the updo went away.

Draft saved Draft deleted