1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

I was walking down the street in Houston one night when some kids drove past. One of them leaned out the window and chucked a beer bottle at me. I dodged it easily and gave them the finger as they went past. They hit the brakes and took the first right, and I figured they were making the block to take another shot. I looked around and found three beer bottles. I broke one against the curb, then stuck the neck in my back pocket in case they got out of the car to beat on me, and held one bottle in each hand. Sure enough, they came back around, and one leaned out of the passenger window and took another shot. I sidestepped and as they went by I threw a bottle back at them. It arched like a perfectly thrown football and broke on the edge of the car's roof and spewed broken glass into the car. They didn't come back.

Turns out that it was the last day of school.

It was a very satisfying moment. Still is forty years later.

Slacker, Liut, Tarheel316 and 10 others like this.
  2. Neutral Corner

3. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

“But why isn’t the libruhl media covering my book?”

garrow and HanSenSE like this.
  4. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

I appreciate Auburn football doing its part to conserve toilet paper in these difficult times.

matt_garth, Driftwood and HanSenSE like this.
  5. Neutral Corner

6. Neutral Corner

7. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

Has Meadows said a word publicly since trump got bounced?

Hopefully the weasel has been singing to the authorities the whole time to save his own skin.

But it only matters if trump loses. Otherwise none of this shit matters.

Neutral Corner likes this.
  8. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

9. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

10. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

The latest talking point is that the military is being told to stand down re: helping in the Appalachians on orders from Biden and Harris.

11. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

12. ChrisLong

ChrisLong Well-Known Member

This reminded me of a hilarious story from my daughter's high school years. On her club volleyball team was a fairly prominent family from San Clemente. The dad had been on the city council and was a friendly, normal, great guy. Both of is his daughters were real cuties. One of them was Queen of the Beach, a scholastic surfing champion, most popular kid in school, etc. Thus, they got their house TP'd almost every weekend. Dad was going through some boxes in his garage and found a really scary Halloween mask. He decided to get even with the TPers. So the next Friday, he put on the mask and hid in the bushes. Here comes the kids, loaded with toilet paper. Just as they got close to the house, Dad jumped out of the bushes screaming and waving his arms. All of the kids start streaming and running away. But one of them stopped, pick up a rock and threw it at Dad, hitting him right in the face.

Liut and maumann like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted