1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

So, some Democrat won a mayoral race in Fairbanks in a district Trump won by 10% in 2020. It's stuff like this that gives me hope when the national narrative all in a sudden seems to be that Fatso is winning. I'm just hoping that there is really an undercount of Harris voters and we all have to show up to have a chance. Newsweek is really pushing the Trump narrative.

2. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

I have enough stress in my life right now. I'm just not going to stress over the result of the election, because it's something that is absolutely out of my control. Not saying I'm not nervous. I'm almost numb right now. Just get me to Nov. 5. Worrying about polling, what the various media outlets are predicting, etc., etc., is not good for my mental health.

playthrough and tapintoamerica like this.
  3. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

I've already voted two-thirds of my mail ballot. I have to review some of the judges who are up for being retained.

One key advantage of mail ballots: Voters have time to become fully informed about the issues and people who are on their ballot.

YMCA B-Baller and Gutter like this.
  4. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

5. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

6. Human_Paraquat

Human_Paraquat Well-Known Member

This is the whole thing.

Democrats had to replace Biden at the top of the ticket because it was pretty clear keeping him would kill turnout.

That being said, will local Democratic organizations across the country have their act together in the lead-up to election day? Will they get people to the polls, and are they positioned to respond to the various inevitable court battles?

Draft saved Draft deleted