1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

'No apologies necessary, Dixie, thanks.

In a ride to my assignment to the fringes of the county last week, obviously MAGA country, I brought up a point reinforced by what Dixie posted.

Has is ever dawned on them that they can support their people without posting "F_ck Biden" signs and making threats?

I live in a neighborhood not 10 miles away. Lots of Harris-Walz signs, some others for Josh Stein. Is there a bunch of "F_ck" SPC and "F_ck Mark Robinson" signs anywhere? No.

Yet we've seen numerous examples of the party of "f_ck your feelings" get their feelings hurt the moment someone takes the mud they've thrown at Dems, balls it up and tosses it right back at them.

They love - if not live - to dish it out, but they cannot take it. Not much different than the cult leader.

2. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

In my neck of the woods, Harris yard signs outnumber Trump ones by like 10-1, maybe more. But by way of compensation, Trump devotees tend to put up multiple signs, lots of them, in the front yards. Big on multiple bumber stickers, too. I think they have the same defect as their leader -- an unquenchable need to draw attention to themselves. And being an asshole in public is a real easy way to do that.

tapintoamerica likes this.
  3. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Well, the Detroit Economic Club is largely made up of rich white dudes who live in Grosse Pointe Woods and Bloomfield Hills.

cyclingwriter2 likes this.
  4. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

Biden dropping out really reduced the Fuck Biden flags in our town. I think the suppliers were caught off guard and weren’t ready to produce Harris ones.

garrow and Webster like this.
  5. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Sleepy Joe messing with the supply chain again.

6. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

You laugh, but there is whole class of creepy looking guys whose only source of income is selling Trump flags in abandoned Big Lots parking lots. Whenever Trump is gone, their unemployment rate is going to…well, it will stay exactly the same rate, but…

7. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Oh I am aware. The one where I grew up took shelter in a deserted husk of a Payless Shoes.

Hermes likes this.
  8. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

It's because the cult devotees are classless, stupid people.

tapintoamerica likes this.
  9. franticscribe

franticscribe Well-Known Member

While I agree with your point 100 percent, I also feel compelled to mention that I have seen a few of these up in Durham. Compelled mostly because I find them hilarious. Also, they showed up well before CNN's reporting that was the nail in his campaign's coffin.

[​IMG]

10. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Effing pathetic, man. Unbelievable 46 percent of voters think he's strong and sane.

11. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

All our baseball teams are in the playoffs? And all those great Canadian beers are just across the bridge? Sign me up!

12. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

FIFY

garrow likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted