1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Do we need to ask Stormy Daniels about Trump and protection?

2. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

FileNotFound likes this.
  3. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Visited with my folks last night, they were wondering about the candidate I'm encouraging them to vote for, "But I hear on TV....." Mom, those are ads by her opponent.

PS - obviously I'm way too close - as are most journos - but I can't fathom a reason why there is sudden optimism for Trump and doom and gloom for Harris. I hear the "criticisms" of her and they are a joke.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2024 at 1:48 PM
    HanSenSE likes this.
  4. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

But enough about his wife … wait, did you mean his actual facial hair?

5. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

This is the natural order of the two parties asserting themselves as the election draws closer. Republicans invariably claim they're winning. About the only time they didn't oddly enough was in 2016. Meanwhile, Democrats always fret. If the state of the race (as far as can be told) is that Harris has a slight lead, they ignore the noun to focus on the adjective. It is by far the worst aspect of the party of which I am a member. The incessant handwringing and all the blind quotes from unnamed Dems about how Harris is campaigning all wrong. Motherfucker, I'm sorry she didn't hire you, but maybe there was a good reason.

sgreenwell and PCLoadLetter like this.
  6. kickoff-time

kickoff-time Well-Known Member

Many trends that don't look good for Harris. The biggest is that she appears to be losing support in Pennsylvania.
    I still believe if she loses Pennsylvania she loses the election.
    Hopefully Obama's speeches to get black men to vote for her will help because the numbers reveal she is not gaining support from younger black men, down double-digits from how Biden polled.

She is also not polling well with Latinos in Arizona and Nevada.

She's running out of time and out places to win electoral votes.

7. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Cite the numbers, please. All public polling ("Wall St. Journal" latest today) shows all the swing states are essentially tied. There have been bad polls for Harris on Pa. this week and good ones, too (state firm's polling on a couple of swing CDs show Harris beating Biden's margins there. There's nothing to suggest the race has.changed at all in the past week. Very close, Harris maybe slightly ahead.

8. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

9. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

I can tell you my company commissioned a poll by the top polling company in the state and it had Harris up two in Arizona.

And I hear people acting like she's wasting her time campaigning here.

Party of needless mopes.

Draft saved Draft deleted