1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

2. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

you forgot taxes and regulations

garrow and dixiehack like this.
  3. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

I’m becoming a little more nervous about Harris’ prospects than a week or two ago. And then I think “What should they do different?” and the answer I come up with is “I dunno.”

It hasn’t been a perfect campaign but it is at the upper bound of what any campaign could reasonably do, much less one that swapped out motor and sheet metal with 50 laps to go.

So either America can figure this shit out (including the demographics most vulnerable to the lid coming off open bigotry) or it cannot. If it can’t, it is beyond my power to persuade people otherwise. I talk to only a handful of people in a swing state, and none are what I’d call a voter on the fence.

maumann and wicked like this.
  4. maumann

maumann Well-Known Member

Since jail, I've been really cognizant of trying not to worry about things I cannot control. The election is definitely one.

I'll vote my conscience and then it's out of my hands. At least my vote cancels a MAGA in a swing state.

5. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Dixie, you are getting more nervous because the election is getting closer. That's both normal and understandable.

tapintoamerica likes this.
  6. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted