1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. kickoff-time

kickoff-time Well-Known Member

@Michael_ Gee asked for numbers and I provided them.
    I'm not moaning like Eeyore or wallowing in misery. I try to provide facts or at least what is reported as facts by reputable sources since I've been a journalist for 40 years.

I didn't make up the poll numbers but Harris is behind what Biden polled in those two states.

I know providing facts does no good to a lot of Trump supporters because they don't care about facts. I thought it might be different on this thread.

I'm in a very blue state and even if Trump wins, it probably won't affect my life too much. But it might not be the same for some of my family members, especially younger ones.

2. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

3. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

From the bottom of that story:

While Twitter is supposed to be a platform for a free flow of ideas, this level of coordination has not been public until today.

Now that's some Pollyanna shit. Twitter is a privately-owned lunatic bin and complete lost cause.

Deskgrunt50 likes this.
  4. Pilot

Pilot Well-Known Member

I hate the framing of some of the Harris ads. Love that she has many of Trump’s cabinet members and their comments about how much Trump sucks, but the last line is “Donald Trump is too big a risk for America.”

That language implies that he has attractive qualities we should consider, but that the juice won’t be worth the squeeze. I guess they’re specifically targeting soft lean-Trump voters or undecideds, not me, but I hate the surrender that Trump had any redeeming qualities.

I remember a lot of Clinton’s ads also having that “too risky” approach.

Smarter people than I have thought through this, so hopefully they know what they’re doing.

5. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Don't care about the rest of this thread. With all respect to Liut, I'd like Trump to choke on his own vomit and die in front of his children. Please ban me. Thanks. Bye.

6. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

By a PragerU prof, you mean Prager.

7. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

Lake knows how to present herself: face down, ass up, this is how she waits for Trump.

Draft saved Draft deleted