1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

I’m sure I’ll get another ass chewing for this, but it seems to me that Harris will have to do something to definitively seize momentum back instead of hoping to wheeze home on the back of “Trump sucks.”

He does and it should be enough. But you have to play the hand you are dealt.

2. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Well, she proposed having Medicare pay for long-term h0me care. That's a pretty big thing. But it gets little attention because we live in a post-policy age.

cyclingwriter2 likes this.
  3. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Ok, Covenant Eyes. If you say so....

4. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Definitely not going to slam you. It’s natural to feel uneasy. This feels like the calm. When was the Comey letter? 10 days out? I still feel that something weird will happen in the next two weeks to influence this thing. Kind of feels like the second week of September in baseball terms. We’re close. But the stretch run is still ahead.

5. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Nah, he's pretty typical for a fucker right around 6 feet, and 350-370 pounds

6. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

With all that’s occurred already, and all the noise that’s been generated, I wonder if there could be anything that would occur that would fundamentally change the race at this point; short of one of the candidates actually getting assassinated.

7. Starman

8. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

B-b-but all that "Trump is racist" is taken out of context!

9. Starman

ETA of the next "assassination attempt:" Let's say Friday.

10. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

The guy was released after posting a $5,000 bail. We got a real John Wilkes Booth here.

11. Starman

Part of the Project 2025 plans they didn't put in the written copies is that shortly after taking office, they're going to get rid of Kagan and Sotomayor using nebulous "health" and "medical incapacitation" justification. Undoubtedly they'd come after Jackson quickly as well.

12. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

I don't have a problem with Welker's persistence but let's be honest, Trump's medical records ARE irrelevant in terms of this election. His doctors could say he has zero chance of living out his term and that won't sway any voters. Maybe not every Trump supporter would be thrilled with, gah, President Vance but that won't change votes.

Draft saved Draft deleted