1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

He wouldn't be healthier than Obama even if Obama had gone full-time with the heaters.

dixiehack likes this.
  2. Corky Ramirez up on 94th St.

Corky Ramirez up on 94th St. Well-Known Member

And now the headline is 'unusual,' instead of 'bizarre.'

Unusual is Jerry's puffy shirt. This was not unusual.

Webster and FileNotFound like this.
  3. UNCGrad

UNCGrad Well-Known Member

Know how I said last week the Trumpers' claim about Harris not doing interviews was akin to basically saying, "Please fuck up. Please won't she fuck up?"

God, I want Trump to have a monumental fuckup soon. I realize any number of the things he's done lately would be a normal, monumental fuckup for anyone else. But, that's what I mean. Let's get a massive Trump fuckup, please. Just a monster one that people have to talk about for a week or so.

Please make something matter and stick to him. Please.

4. FileNotFound

FileNotFound Well-Known Member

Apparently turning a Q&A into a DJ event is not weird enough.

BitterYoungMatador2 likes this.
  5. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Some of this ought to be spliced in to rapid response commercials too from Harris. All I get are the national ones with some dark suited guys that used to work for Trump saying he’s no bueno. That ain’t it. Put his current crazy on the airwaves in front of God and everybody.

BitterYoungMatador2 likes this.
  6. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

This is good.

UNCGrad likes this.
  7. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

Watching Noem there reminds me of the scene in the disco in Airplane where Julie Hagerty is dancing with the guy who then gets stabbed and she’s trying to keep up with the bizarre moves he’s making.

8. UNCGrad

UNCGrad Well-Known Member

Pretty good note from Begala there about how saying "dictator, strongman" makes Trump seem strengthened with his supporters. But Dems/Harris need to hit hard that instead he's "weak, unstable and unhinged" rather than powerful. Harris has clearly started saying those things this week. God, I hope it helps.

A loooooooong three weeks ahead, and turnout, turnout, turnout.

FileNotFound and qtlaw like this.
  9. SixToe

SixToe Well-Known Member

And with all of this bizarre shit, the lies, admission (by Vance) they’re lying, the insults and everything else, he still will get millions of votes and possibly win because “we don’t care about all that as long as THEY don’t win.”

WaPo has a story about voters who believe all his lunacy is just a show.

10. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Here’s how stupid and unAmerican those people are, in no other facet of their life would they put up with the lunacy and say “it’s just a show.”

Would they accept their spouse acting that way?

their doctor?
    Dentist?
    Boss?
    Teacher?
    Waiter?

NFW. Grow up people.

11. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

To be fair, there were times I'd have been very accepting of my spouse, teacher, or boss suggesting they stopped talking and we listened to some tunes instead.

12. SixToe

SixToe Well-Known Member

Agree, @qtlaw, but their spouse isn’t trying to defeat “them” to “protect my beliefs!”

Dean got the kick by the Dems for screaming at a rally (or so we believe).

John Edwards: affair, child
    Gary Hart: affair

Now? Anything goes.

Draft saved Draft deleted