1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I don't even think it was a culture war thing. He thought he would be blamed for COVID, so he tried to con people into thinking it wasn't real. In far too many cases, he actually did con them into thinking it wasn't real. His overwhelming selfishness did tremendous damage, cost far too many lives, and it cost him the White House. Forget keeping Obama's plans and people in place. If he had just not been a complete selfish moron about the whole thing, he would be at the tail end of his second term in office.

UNCGrad and HanSenSE like this.
  2. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

So I finally heard an ad for one of the House races here from incumbent Steve Womack. Thanks to gerrymandering and the rightward tilt of the state, he is so safely ensconced that his campaign ad was about how he loves the flag and has worked to protect it from people who would desecrate it. Yes, in the Year of our Lord 2024, he is running an anti flag burning campaign ad. Which, honestly, is better than attacking immigrants and transgender people, but at the same time very odd for the current landscape.

3. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

Everything he touches….

BREAKING: E. coli food poisoning linked to McDonald’s Quarter Pounder has sickened at least 49 people in 10 states, federal health officials said.

4. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Sean, if the 2020 election was rigged, why aren’t you outraged at all the Republicans who rigged their House and Senate races to win?

garrow likes this.
  5. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Home Despot.

6. maumann

maumann Well-Known Member

A Lowe's blow.

Take your like. Best laugh I had today.

Baron Scicluna and HanSenSE like this.
  7. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Appropriately orange logo

maumann likes this.
  8. Shelbyville Manhattan

Shelbyville Manhattan Well-Known Member

Only the best people who have their heads so far up Trump’s ass that they experience a perpetual liquid-shit stream of Big Mac-smelling feces raining down upon them:

9. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

She's going to SCOTUS after they clean Jackson, Sotomayor and Kagan out of there.

10. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Not only is Trump the biggest liar in American political history, he is the most dangerous one. His lies--whether about Springfield, Ohio or FEMA in NC or about the 2020 election--have caused real harm and terrifying situations for Americans like you. Don't let him get the federal government to back those dangerous, crazy lies. Enough is enough.

qtlaw likes this.
  11. maumann

maumann Well-Known Member

I like tracking the Georgia's election data hub.

As of today, more than 26 percent of all active Georgia voters have cast their ballots, and it's still running 55.5-44.5 in favor of women. Even though rural counties are voting early (with the notable exception of MTG's district!), so is urban Atlanta. Although 31 percent of the White vote is in, 24.5 percent is registered as Black. That's 500,000 Black votes already collected in places where Republican state officials have made it difficult to get to the polls.

Again, more than 1.9M votes are already in the bank, so to speak. I'm still of the opinion a record turnout leans Democratic just because Atlanta/Savannah/Macon can overwhelm the rural counties if they match turnout rates. Right now, DeKalb and Fulton (Atlanta) are ahead of the state percentages, while Chatham (Savannah) is behind.

The state is still collecting ballots at a rate of over 200,000 per day, and 1 in 3 absentee ballots have been returned.

2muchcoffeeman, Driftwood and qtlaw like this.
  12. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

I AM NOT advocating for it, but has a SC justice ever been assassinated? It feels like that’s becoming a possibility as America comes apart at the seams.

Two weeks left. Deep breath.

Draft saved Draft deleted