1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

Correct, Nate Silver is directly owned by Peter Thiel now.

TowelWaver likes this.
  2. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

They’re afraid of getting one of Donald Trump’s tits caught in a wringer.

3. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Pretty poor timing for the WaPo to send me an email reminding me my subscription will renew on Nov. 24. Very well may cancel after this display of cowardice.

4. TowelWaver

TowelWaver Well-Known Member

I did indeed cancel mine today.

5. maumann

maumann Well-Known Member

Ah, well take Nate out of my 538 comments. And just looking at HIS projections, he's even more full of shit than 538.

TowelWaver likes this.
  6. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

What this all shows is that if Trump wins, no institution in our society will do anything but collaborate as he goes full authoritarian.

7. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

I’m really, really, really hoping what y’all are seeing is the truer picture of what’s happening. Because to me it looks like a small but notable decline in her support since the beginning of the month in an election where there isn’t a vote to spare. (When has there ever been since Stinky came on the scene?)

You can pick apart any one poll but when they are all moving the same way that’s troubling. And that’s with me leaving out the obvious GOP propaganda ones. She absolutely still has a chance to win but it would be against the run of play, as our British neighbors might put it.

Still, back in early summer with Biden drowning in flop sweat, all I could hope for was a real chance. And we’ve got one now. I find myself incredibly frustrated with those who would sell out any shred of morality because they mistakenly believe it puts an extra dollar in their pocket. But I remain convinced that more people want to be done with this foul man than not. It just requires the will and effort to make it so.

I’ll say it one more time. We vote, we win.

8. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

I’m not sure it matters who wins anymore. The guardrails are down and if it’s not Trump, it’ll be someone else in four or eight years to exploit a system completely bought and paid for. And it could come from either side of the aisle in the future. It’s more each of us having to come to terms with the reality we’ll live in. It will feel like a working democracy. Our bread and circuses will continue. It’s the uncanny valley feeling and the realization of how incredibly naive about the state of the country I was before 2016 that I’m still sorting through eight years later. I don’t know if that feeling or that disappointment will ever fade. The greatest victory of Trumpism and its overwhelming barrage of misinformation and outrage overload is its ability to grind you down until you stop even caring. I said it years ago, but he won. He will always have won, because he extinguished the faith most of us ever had in government and American society.

9. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

10. SixToe

SixToe Well-Known Member

Just canceled my WaPo subscription I've had since 2015 to follow the election and shit in DC.

I usually enjoy columns by Sally Jenkins and Feinstein, too. Eh, no more.

Cowardly fucknozzles. Bezos and the LA Times owner and their minions can eat a bag of dicks.

part-timer, qtlaw and TowelWaver like this.
  11. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

I’m not even sure it is directly. It’s just enough to make him do things like say “Don’t follow your gut! Here’s my gut feeling!”

maumann likes this.
  12. SoloFlyer

SoloFlyer Well-Known Member

The only thing I am certain of is that no one has a firm grasp on what the election will ultimately look like, which is why even credible poll analysts like Nate Cohn, Harry Enten, and yes, Nate Silver, are stressing how close everything appears to be. They are making it clear that the election results could veer in any direction.

sgreenwell and TowelWaver like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted