1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

And Elon will control AI.

2. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

If the plane isn't gonna land until 10 pm, he won't take the stage until probably 11-11:30. He routinely shows up 60-90 minutes late for his own scheduled events, when he's already been in town all day.

I'm sure he will be at his best lucid and loquacious best.

Inky_Wretch likes this.
  3. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

I just talked with Seth Rogen folks. Seth Rogen! Very funny movie he did the 30 Year Old Surgeon.

HanSenSE likes this.
  4. SoloFlyer

SoloFlyer Well-Known Member

I can't help but feel we're going to have some sort of surprise on election night. Maybe it's just an uncontested state being closer than expected, or maybe something actually flips. Who that benefits, I have no idea.

5. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

three_bags_full likes this.
  6. cyclingwriter2

cyclingwriter2 Well-Known Member

My ultimate fear is that a large swath of Trumpers who vote early in swing states are going to show up on Election Day to vote again. When they are denied, they will immediately hoot and holler, and disrupt the voting for others. they will immediately be on TikTok crying.

Then groups of proud boys will descend on polling stations where they know there are no cops and a couple of octogenarians running them.

7. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

You guys have won me over. No point in voting. It’s over and I’ll get shot if I try to vote.

8. WriteThinking

WriteThinking Well-Known Member

This is what my Trumpist brother said the other night, smirking contentedly as he did so, and prompting a huge, loud row between the two of us in which I said he and other Trump supporters were ignorant. And then, I began worrying that he was actually going to physically attack me. (I don't think he would've; it was just that loud and in-your-face, though -- like, scarily so).

Trump, right now, is the most divisive person in the country, and yes, I, too, am afraid that this is who may very well win. How could so many people want him as our President? No one that I've talked to has really answered that question.

9. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

She's going to win, overwhelmingly.

FileNotFound and 2muchcoffeeman like this.
  10. WriteThinking

WriteThinking Well-Known Member

God, I hope so. Trump has to be made to go away.

11. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

I don’t know one way or another what’s happening and I won’t predict. But I prefer the sight of posts that predict victory for Harris.

Driftwood likes this.
  12. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted